120+/- people slain in mass shooting, suicide bombing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen it portrayed as a massive strike doing tons of damage, and the usual whining about civilian casualties. It isn't 1944, it isn't a thousand bombers dropping thousands of tons of ordanance and leveling city blocks (as much as I support that option, it isn't going to happen). No, it's ten planes, twenty bombs doing damage to point targets. Those killed were all assholes involved with ISIL. Maybe a civilian or two got killed in the frag pattern, but that's war, and its a shitty thing. It's still a hundred or so less than the number of Parisians cut down on their city streets in cold blood, they're the ones who deserve the sympathy.

While that's a clear case of no duh, no civilians were hit on that particular air strike. Just a bunch of ISIS animals.
As far the Initial report says, and I do sincerely hope it's true.

Though I'm going to wait a few days before making a final choice on the manner.
Civilian causalities in regards to the war on terrorism tends to take some time to come to light.

Maybe a civilian or two got killed in the frag pattern, but that's war, and its a shitty thing.
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai It should also be noted that it is utterly impossible and plainly stupid to fight a clean war. If, you are going to war, you do it quick, you do it hard, and you don't make half-steps, because it only prolongs conflicts. The longer a war goes on for, the more civilian fatalities you will incur. It's why the US dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Certainly, one could have invaded the Japanese mainland, and do you know how many Japanese civilian casualties there would have been as a result? There might not have even been a Japan anymore by the sheer level of ritualistic murder-suicides the populace would have thrown at the Americans, leave alone American casualties.

ISIS uses civilians as meat shields. They know that we're often too humanitarian to dare firing at them through crowds of civilians. It's why they capture towns and leave most of the populace unrecruited and held there: It lets ISIS buy time and slip out when the timing is right. Even the most precise strikes are going to incur civilian casualties as a result. The West can try its best to act with civility and humanity, but where it concerns war, war is only good for these things: Barbarity, depravity, and destruction. It is the tool of last resort and we're stuck with it now. Half-assing will just make this situation so much worse than it already is.

"Every attempt to make war easy and safe will result in humiliation and disaster." -William Tecumseh Sherman.

Total War, ladies and gentlemen. It's how you win.

I mean, it's not that hard to execute. We move the bombers and fighters to Saudi Arabia, just like in Desert Storm, we insert some tier one units to act as spotters... Then the President goes on live TV, recognizes the Islamic state... As we pound it back to the Stone Age. After the first wave, we drop leaflets, do some of that good old PsyOp stuff. Explain to them that it says nowhere in thr Koran that it's okay to kill innocents for any reason.

The people will realize that helping, not so sure, or turning a blind eye to ISIL is going to be more trouble than it's worth, and turn on it. That's the lifeblood of these assholes. Yeah, a lot of innocents will get caught on the wrong side of this, but I will direct you to Brovo's post above.

Of course, this won't happen. Nobody has the balls to pull the trigger on this, but if we had Jack Ryan we could.

Also, just making another point on Brovo's post. In preperation for the invasion of Japan, the U.S. made 500,000 Purple Heart medals (for being Wounded in Action). As of 2003, 120,000 of that batch were still waiting to be awarded.

From what I understand, many people in the Middle East hate ISIL/ISIS with a deep passion. And they're as afraid of them as much as they hate them. And they're angry the US and the West hasn't done anything about them yet.

So at least, with a renewed campaign in the Middle East, we'd have large swathes of support.

Politics and conflicting agendas prevents ACTUAL progress.

KSA, Iran, UAE, Jordan and other neighboring countries have more than enough troops and firepower to wipe them out. Not to mention the Western and African countries. But instead, they're playing games to make sure that faction that they're backing comes on top on the aftermath.

and you don't make half-steps, because it only prolongs conflicts

This is exactly what the world has been doing.

"The French president announced that on Tuesday France will invoke the European mutual defense clause.Rather than article 222 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, which requires assistance when a member state is "the object of a terrorist attack", France chose to trigger article 42.7 of the Treaty on European Union."

Hollande wants to build "a large and unique coalition" against the terrorist group.

He also said that he will soon meet US and Russian presidents, Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin, "to join our forces and reach a conclusion that has been too long overdue."

"We are not in a war of civilisations, because they [the terrorists] don't have any," Hollande said.

>https://euobserver.com/political/131136
>http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/1c66a416-8c8b-11e5-a549-b89a1dfede9b.html#axzz3rhfkeP9Q

In short, the 42.7 article means that he considers it an act of war, instead of an act of terrorism.

"The article, which officials believe has never been used before, says that all EU countries have “an obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power” to any member that is the “victim of armed aggression”.
>by all the means in their Power

TL;DR
>France drags the EU into a proper full-scale war

>EU member states have to aid "by all the means in their power"

>cooperation with Putin and Russia

>The Obama administration's tries to keep Putin at bay( while also denying ISIS/Daesh/IS/ISIL recognition as anything more than a terrorist Group) have failed.

War. War never changes.

Reactions: Old Man Seiji
Bismillah Ar-Raḥmān Ar-Raḥīm

As a Muslim, it is my duty to defend Islam and that is to condemn these acts, but as stated before, this is war. Civilians are bound to die yet I cannot idly sit by and watch from the sidelines as my Deen is assaulted, used, and mistreated by radicals. I'm sure many of you have researched about Islam and Allah has granted my a great opportunity to be with fair-minded people, if only the same could be said about humanity, but Islam does not condone the slaughter of innocents unless they're activity fighting against it. Even then, when they seek peace, it is encouraged, nay, obligatory to accept it.

These people, which only Allah knows what they conceal, were innocent and may they be accepted into Paradise. The people responsible, be it Muslim or Non-Muslim, will face what they have done in the Hour and it will be decided.

Unfortunately, I know this argument is from a single man and thus will have little weight, but it is something. If you feel I'm trying to make Islam the 'Pure', I am not. I fully acknowledge there's some stuff people disagree with, but that is why in the Quran, to you, your Deen, and to me, mine.

May Allah help those in need, be it Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, or other.

It's huge, but not as big as it seems. Us swedes are already working with the Pesh in Kurdistan since a while back. And I believe other EU countries has contributed arms and such to the Kurds and other groups directly combating ISIS. But I also think this is the first time EUs Military capacity is being invoked. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

As-salam alaykom (did I type that right?) @Archwar

I hope you are spared undue wrath for what fanatics have done in the name of religion. When people take to violence against innocents, more innocents suffer as a result.

Reactions: Archwar
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, and yes, you did misspell it. Here's the wording! Assalamu alaikum.

By Allah's mercy I have been spared and I thank you for your concern. Thankfully I live in one of the better parts of my country so no one has yet tried to attack me as a result of my Deen. I only wish that the good do not have to suffer the bad as well, but that is how life works. Perhaps one day we can all be together in unity without hate.

May Allah give you glad tidings in this life and the next!

@Hellis

May Allah help those in need, be it Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, or other.
And may the great spaghetti monster of the skies touch upon you with its delicious sauces.

Allies that we are, let's win this for civilization, and all who live within it. Let's show these terrorist bastards what for, that they can't break the solidarity that binds us all together. :ferret:

This thread had a happy ending. Whodathunk?

War. War never changes.
All that's left to see is how society as a whole chooses to react to Muslims once ISIS increases activity.
Then we'll truly see how close to a WWII remake we're going to get. :/

As a native of Croatia, a European country that is one of the DIRECT conduits for this influx of "migrants" into Europe, courtesy of the UTTERLY mis-guided open-door policy of the EU toward those people, I vas expecting something like the Parisian attacks wuld happen. It vasnt a matter of "if" but of "when".

Now that the inevitable has finally hapened, all I culd say to the powers that be, those idiot, no-resolve weak minded liberal morons like Angela Merkel and her ilk, who let it hapen, is "I told you so". So many ppl over here (me first) are furious at our goverment and EU in general, for not folowing Hungary's example and LOCKING DOWN the borders.

But that is the case with leftists and liberals. They dont see the problem, until it hits them in the face like a sledge-hammer. And mark my words, the Paris tragedy is just the begining. The terorists are HERE. They infiltrated Europe among those 800.000 migrants, and they wont be dislodged easyli or quickly. One good thing has come of it, the right-wing elements all over Europe are now gaining popularity at a enormous rate. I predict a change in goverment or early elections, in quite a few European countrys. The sooner the better, IMHO. And the first one who has to go is that idiot bitch Merkel. That woman is living in some alternate reality, she has NO contact with the real vorld.

And who knows... we just might get lucky, and see the EU as a whole collapse, and all nations to return to strict border control as a rule.

>Angela Merkel
>"Liberal"

merkel-laughing.jpg

Hahahahahaha

oh man.

oh god. Merkel Liberal? She belongs to the German Christian Conservatives. Just becouse she isn't crazy Anti-euro/Xenophobic right doesn't make her left.

oh geez. I am laughing so hard I cannot breath.

Yup, laws preventing refuges will totally work.

Because if there's one thing we can say about ISIS it's that they're law abiding.

She may not be technicaly liberal, but she definitly dont act like her "oficial" conservative image is. Hence why many in her own party are disagreeing with her.

Wouldn't most people just call that WWIII?
Anyone who has any time dedicated to analyzing the situation and what ISIS is trying to achieve, will see that this is exactly what Isis strive for. Isis wants a the world against Muslims scenario. They want to force the hand so that Muslims everywhere are shunned and put in a desperate situation where they have nowhere to turn to. They want fear and terror and violent missguided retribution and laws to push people back to them. Their goal is a Great Holy War. We are talking movie-plot levels of insanity. And people, are obliging them by somehow making this the refugees fault. Of pointing towards muslims and go "There they are, evil (insert slur of choice here)!".

But of course, If you were to show any sort of humanity and empathy towards those in terrible need, and open your country to shelter those who has nothing; You are a bleeding heart liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.