120+/- people slain in mass shooting, suicide bombing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attacking france is a historically bad idea. Bar ww2,the french are well known for striking back and being a nightmarish opponent to have in a war.

Reactions: Old Man Seiji
Sorry but just because there are a group of extremists doesn't mean they should all be killed off. There are innocent bystanders on both sides who are unable to do anything due to lack of money, resources, education and support from other countries. Muslim is just a name for people who study Islam. Anyone can be muslim; black, white, Indian, spanish...hell, technically a majority of them are Asian so...should we go bombing all of Asia just cause they're not keeping their areas in check?

These countries that are warring are stuck in a time behind us. They do need education to better themselves and say hey, maybe we do need to sit and talk rather than taking such a violent approach because we can get things done through talking.

There is a reason some people fight so hard to get women educated in those kinds of countries. Because they know that can make drastic changes in the play of power. A knowledgeable woman can scare a man into realising he has no true power when she sets out for independence. Practices can be faded out when people use their education to say this won't work in today's time.

So...I'm not all for bombing innocent people. Sorry, not sorry.

@Cosmos, I do agree that education--proper education--is likely the best recourse for a situation like this. However, even opening the best kind of education(the secular kind), will take time to have any meaningful effect on the situation. No matter how hard we try, the adults are likely to not immediately see that what's going on is wrong. Whether purposefully or not, they have been indoctrinated to hold the Qur'an as the singular source of worldly truth.

The pursuit of making proper education available to people is the most morally acceptable course of action, but it will take generations before having any meaningful effect. I'm not condoning violence of any sort, but I'm just saying that while education is great, it will take time to have its impact, and right now, people want a short-term solution.

Frankly, the point of no return was passed a long time ago. We can't afford half-steps anymore.

All we can hope is that people will realize that this is exactly what most of the Syrian refugees are fleeing from. We need to band together to fight this. Because no amount of "patience" is going to make these people negotiate: They won't stop until every single inch of Western civilization has been torched, every single woman enslaved, and every single child indoctrinated to their fucked up cult.

You can't negotiate with someone who has been so warped by hatred that his only thoughts are slavish devotion to a fantasy world. You can't tolerate them either, they're just going to keep attacking and forcibly indoctrinating people into their cult in the middle east, regardless of how we respond. The monster has been created; now what are we going to do about it?

The problem is that people are saying ALL Muslims need to be killed off which I don't like. I hate hearing things like that because all of our countries have done horrible things to each other.

It's just really sad.

Reactions: TheGreyWarden
Treating an entire ethnicity and/ or religion like they're terrorists and savages is inevitably going to force some people to become just that. When people treat you like an animal because you share a religion with extremists, you tend to gravitate towards people who welcome you. Guess who's really good at appealing to angry and disenfranchised people?

Just a reminder that judging entire groups of people on the actions of a few people tends to make the problem worse. I bring this up because the Stormfront-loving racists are out in full force with their typically balanced and thoughtful insights into a complicated and devasting problem. It's like if after the Oklahoma City bombings, people started calling all white veterans terrorists because Timothy McVeigh was one. Same shit. Blaming the refugee crisis on what happened in Paris is just like that; millions of terrorized and displaced refugees aren't responsible for what a handful of likely ISIS-affiliated extremists did.

This is a time of mourning the victims and respecting how horrifying the events of yesterday were for the people of Paris, not shooting off shitty political opinions without knowing the full story. Be respectful, there's a time and place to argue about this kind of stuff, and now isn't it. Respect those who are affected by what happened and let the authorities do their jobs. We'll get answers soon enough without misinformation.

My thoughts are with the people of Paris.

I work with a French-Tunisian Muslim. He spent half the day chain smoking and worrying about the potential backlash that will cause against his relatives and the Muslim community in general.

Closing borders is EXACTLY what they want to happen. Easier to radicalize people if you have a gun pointed at their heads and their means of escape had been cut off.

Last edited:
RIGHT THEN, NOW THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE NOT FROM EUROPE, WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO EUROPE AND WHO BASICALLY DUN KNOW SHIT ABOUT EUROPE HAVE STOPPED YELLING ABOUT WHAT EUROPE NEEDS TO DO...

I work with a French-Tunisian Muslim.

One of my colleagues is from Pakistan originally, and she's taken the news pretty hard as well. Scary times for both our friends, really, cos you just know they're gonna face backlash from something they didn't have shit to do with.

• Love
Reactions: Hellis
RIGHT THEN, NOW THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE NOT FROM EUROPE, WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO EUROPE AND WHO BASICALLY DUN KNOW SHIT ABOUT EUROPE HAVE STOPPED YELLING ABOUT WHAT EUROPE NEEDS TO DO...

One of my colleagues is from Pakistan originally, and she's taken the news pretty hard as well. Scary times for both our friends, really, cos you just know they're gonna face backlash from something they didn't have shit to do with.
One of my colleagues is half Morrocan and has family all over Europe. I can't imagine what it is like being in their situation, but I hope they're well.

I had a big wall of text to go here about ignorance, the difficulty in educating these people, and the lack of support from the peaceful majority of Islam against the mad-rantings of Jihadists.

But I deleted it all for #SolidarityWithParis

Honestly, this situation in France has me afraid. But not of ISIS.
ISIS is full of sick, evil and twisted individuals. But the threat they give is ultimately minimal.

What has me afraid is us, the people being affected by this.
The reason being human's are fearful creatures, and we are already seeing people bash all Muslims because of the actions of ISIS alone.
We are already seeing people legitimately considered as a Presidential Candidate whose solution to problems is to build a wall to keep out foreigners.

And if we allow fear mongering from these incidents to go rampant, I worry that we'll soon be re-living history.
A democracy is only as strong as the people within it. And right now what we need is people to be strong enough to not give in to fear.

Reactions: Mid
But I deleted it all for #SolidarityWithParis
Je suis Charlie. Je suis Paris. Je suis humain. Que chacun rappelez-vous, que nous sommes tous humains... De peur que nous devenons ce que nous avons le plus de haine.

Excuse my shitty grammar. I haven't had the need to use French at any point in my life in spite of learning it.

cOeyPSb.jpg

So France's response to civilian slaughter is more civilian slaughter?

*Facepalms*

I'm not surprised in the least... But god damn it. >.<
What civilians? They fucked an ISIS recruitment center.

What civilians? They fucked an ISIS recruitment center.
Bombing's are rarely that clean.
Civilians get caught in the blast radius quite a bit.

Bombing's are rarely that clean.
Civilians get caught in the blast radius quite a bit.
While that's a clear case of no duh, no civilians were hit on that particular air strike. Just a bunch of ISIS animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.