1 on 1: Natalie Gomez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haruki nodded then turned to the other side of the river. The river's width challenged the depths of four feet and widths spanning to a maximum of fifteen yards. "Good because there's an Inn straight on the other side of this river. It looks decent enough to sleep in, but this river is a problem. Do you think you have enough chakra to halt it? I have none due to my recent encounter, chakra jumps are out of the question until my strength is fully regained." Haruki leaned against a small tree for an attempt of relaxation. He watched as the bridges final segments fell into the water.

"I think I can do that, but it won't be able to halt it for long...the minute I do though, you need to make a run for it. That way you'll get across first then I'll head after you. Sound good?" When the two exchanged a nod, Hisane stepped forward to face the river's waters as she formed the appropriate hand signs and began controlling the water as its current began to slow down until it reached a calming lull, easy enough for someone to cross. "Alright get going, then I'll follow after you."

Haruki waded through the waters as quickly as possible, but considering it came up to his chest it wasn't as easy as it looked. He eventually made it to the the other side when he felt the waters growing more rapid and violent. Crawling to his back he started panting. "How does... Mizuga... Work with this liquid?" He let out a tired and large gasp. Looking at his wallet the money was soaked, but the cards were all still there. "Well, we can use the cards for now I guess..." He folded up his wallet coming to a stand and waved his scabbard signaling he was not injured.

Giving a nod of her head to show she knew he was unharmed, she let the currents continue to run their rapid course then used the last bits of her chakra to perform several chakra jumps to fully cross the river and to reach Haruki. She felt exhausted after using so much chakra like this but protecting the life of Haruki was important. They were partners on this mission and as such they had to look out for one another. After standing up and taking a deep breath, Hisane sighed and met Haruki's eyes. "Well now that that's handled, lets be off to the Inn. I can't deny, I'm really exhausted after all that as I'm sure you are."

Haruki stared into her eyes they were a clear blue and entranced the observer, it took him a while to realize she had already taken steps to toward the Inn. Haruki looked at her and stared in awe. Spending so much time dealing with her pesky behavior and attitude he never truly spoke to her, and he didn't want to nor was he going to, at least not yet. He came back to reality nodding his head and giving a grunt of agreement. "Mmm." Haruki continued walking with her to the Inn once they got there Haruki payed for their rooms and baths. They had to sleep in rooms right next to each other with paper thin Oriental style walls. Haruki's annoyed meter peaked an all-time high at this point.

Hisane went ahead to take her bath first, in order to get rid of the ache in her body after all that use of chakra and the overall exhaustion from the entire journey itself. She'd caught notice of Haruki's irritated expression when they entered the room and frowned a little in consideration of what could possibly be bothering him. She could tell he was annoyed and it was likely with her for some reason since he wasn't speaking to her. She was confused by his behavior but she was too tired to ask especially since it was likely he wouldn't even answer. She thought about all of that, including the mission itself while she was bathing and when she came out a little while later, she didn't feel as relaxed as she had hoped she would be. Maybe with some sleep, she thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.