零 - Curse of the Yellow Moon (OOC) [sign ups closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo!
Yeah the ages can be anything from 20-, to 24+(Within a sensible means) My character was a junior during the "Yellow moon graduation", and his birthday has passed making him 23.......It passed right, it's august in game... Right GM?
Your character should've either been a sophomore or a Junior since you specifically said "2 or 3 years older than herself"

In short, 19-5=14(+2 or 3) can't really pinpoint the actual grade.

~_~ Ser K+ everyone! Using advanced basic math to explain approximate school years.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not to good with math myself (unless it's money, heh..heh..) so I found your post really helpful, thanks Ser K! :]

Thats not exactly complex math... its taking current age and subtracting 5, then adding 2 or 3 to compensate for her being advanced 2 or 3 years, then translating the resulting number into an appropriate school grade. I thought it was talking about opening ceremony, not graduation though which is why I bothered putting that.

Hmm... Well I did put in on the plot summary that it happened "on the night of the graduation ceremony ".

Yeah but there was a lot of stuff to read and not much time to read it in so I thought it said initiation. Probably only saw "ceremony".

Well we can either assume that Ruko was so advanced in her studies that she graduated at 14-15 or she is not part of the graduating batch and just happened to be with the other survivors at the time of the incident. Orrr you could adjust Ruko's age in her profile.

Oh and thanks for the explanation K+. 18 would be the average age for a Japanese student to graduate. Since the RP takes place 5 years after the cast's graduation, average age for the characters will be around 21-23 or older if they got held back.

And yes we have room for more BrokenTerra. Feel free to submit your character profile here once you have it ready.

Would there be room for another character? I'm interested in this, but I have to leave in a couple of minutes, so I'll get a character sheet up later if that's cool.

4 of 7 are taken currently, so get a sheet up, follow the instructions, and profit. Probably.

Yep, as K+ said we are still accepting sign-ups. Just fill up the character sheet and post it here and wait for approval.

Yay for more members~! :bananaman:

Last edited:
@Kiki
Welcome and thank you for joining!

And with that, we have all 7 survivor slots occupied! Huzzah! I will be closing the sign ups for this RP and expect the IC thread very soon.

-=General Information=-
Majestic_zpsc7da3740.jpg

Name: Xira Tsuki
Birthday: February 12th
Height: 5'4
Weight: 148lbs
Distinguishing Marks: A crescent moon birthmark on the back of her neck.
Clothing Style: Xira usually wears miko robes or a plain t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
-=Personality=-
Summary: Xira is generally an energetic person that tries to optimistic even when everything has turned bleak. She's one to help others to best of her ability even if she may mess up.
Likes: Helping others, fortune telling, stargazing, and reading
Dislikes: Failing to help anyone, negativity, and bad fortunes
Strengths: Her optimism, experience with warding off spirits, and great focus.
Fears: Being alone and being burned alive.
-=Background=-
Bio/History: Xira originally never wanted to be a priestess like her mother and grandmother, but she was forced to start training at the age of six and missed a year of schooling. She didn't have any respect for family's tradition, until the age of nine after a mischievous spirit had trick her into burning her hand and her grandmother had exorcised the ghost immediately after hearing her screech of pain. Since that day, Xira started her studies of being a priestess seriously and even practiced by helping her classmates during elementary and middle school. Sadly, she doesn't have any memory of her high school years at Arato High. She only had a necklace with an oval locket as the only possible memento of her high school years.

Why do you want to remember?: I want to remember the person who gave me this necklace.
-=Traits=-
Unique Item(s): Silver chained necklace with a oval locket, Fan with a prayer incantation painted on it, and warding talismans.
Unique Abilities: A developed sixth sense . Warding off spirits- Xira carries ten warding talismans with her all the time, but they only last five minutes before they burn away. She has to recite the prayer incantation painted on her fan exactly or it will fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kiki

I need you to edit a couple of things for me to approve Xira.

1. I need you to flesh out her ability to ward off evil spirit. How powerful is it? What exactly does she do when she wards off evil spirits? This concerns me because it could turn really overpowered unless we establish boundaries. My fear is that the RP will sound a lot like Ao no Exorcist or Inuyasha rather than a horror/mystery RP. Let's go for tame rather than full out ghostbusting.

2. This is just me being OCD but could you edit Asato High into Arato High in Xira's Bio section? XD

1. I'll fix that right away

2. I can't be I believe I typed Asato instead of Arato XD.

@Kiki

I need you to edit a couple of things for me to approve Xira.

1. I need you to flesh out her ability to ward off evil spirit. How powerful is it? What exactly does she do when she wards off evil spirits? This concerns me because it could turn really overpowered unless we establish boundaries. My fear is that the RP will sound a lot like Ao no Exorcist or Inuyasha rather than a horror/mystery RP. Let's go for tame rather than full out ghostbusting.

2. This is just me being OCD but could you edit Asato High into Arato High in Xira's Bio section? XD

Random: I LOVE AO NO EXORCIST! xD
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also, have you ever heard of the anime Ghost Hunt? This RP reminds me slightly of it (only the ghost part).

@Kiki
Thank you kindly! Xira is approved.

@BrokenTerra
Yes, I've watched ghost hunt!

BTW, I think I've found a great theme song for the rp:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.