• Close

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duly noted!

I'm sure I'll come up with something- once I sit my brain down and make it think.

Oh, how many attacks are you expected to have?

Greatly interested. I will try to have a character up some time today.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Is there a limit to how many characters we're allowed to have?

Only one character is allowed.
Ah, but I have one concern: If we are only allowed one character, in the case the character dies, will we be able to construct another? What would be the reason for allowing one character in a seemingly wide-ranged roleplay? I'm just curious, by the way.

Ah, but I have one concern: If we are only allowed one character, in the case the character dies, will we be able to construct another? What would be the reason for allowing one character in a seemingly wide-ranged roleplay? I'm just curious, by the way.
Hm. More reason to make sure you're careful in the roleplay. I'll probably work on implementing a revive system for character deaths.

₪ Character Sheet ₪
ScaryDrowArcaneArcher2.jpg

Abscisum "Absci" Cogitationes

"...Watch..."

Personality:

One of the most shallow individuals one will ever meet in their lifetime. This individual lacks the social graces that most are gifted with, and could care less about most things that happen within the republic. Absci is an interesting character who does not have his own purpose in life discovered yet. The only notable moments to him are the ones that involved him gaining some recognition or fame for his efforts. Small sentences will leave his lips during missions but barely do when he is walking around the city.

Absci is also not a very trustworthy individual. Most would call him a backstabber, and a thief. Many within the city also look down on him for the fact that he has attempted to rob numerous stores for his own game. If he is on a mission but is offered a larger reward for disobeying his commands or orders, he would probably do so. This causes many missions involving bandits or dishonest people of wealth to become much more difficult for his group, since they almost always try to coerce him into accepting their offers.

One thing that really sets him off from other individuals are his "mind flicks." No medical official could coin a term for his condition, but it is very rare. Absci will sometimes experience mental episodes in which the "voices" in his head speak to him. They do not tell him anything in particular, but mostly cloud his thoughts and destroy his focus on what is in front of him. The worst mind flick that he has had resulted in him falling to his knees and crying loudly for the screams and pounding within his mind to stop and depart from him.

Weight: 154 Lbs

Height: 5'11"

Class: Soldier (Ranger Sub-Class)

Stats:

Vitality - 5
Stamina - 4
Physical Attack - 4
Physical Defense - 2
Magical Attack - 0
Magical Defense - 2
Speed - 4
Alertness - 2
Faith - 1
Stealth - 2

Moves
Physical Move: Praecisam Iaculat (Lvl 1) - Allows for Absci to precisely aim in on any target as long as that individual/party is in the vicinity.

Physical Move: Celeri Iaculat (Lvl 1) - Allows Absci to fire two shots of his bow or ranged weapon for an attack rather than one. Requires more stamina and the second shot can veer of target if he is not slightly focused.
Status Move: Nebulas Animi (Lvl 1) - Causes the target to be unable to tell the difference allies and enemies. May even suspect terrain of being a potential enemy.
Physical Move: Perniciosa Iaculat (Lvl 1) - Gives Absci the ability to fire an explosive shot. Can be use to destroy terrain and injure enemies. If Absci does not focus while firing this shot, he could destroy the area around him, and even part of his bow.

Status Move: Palpari Queant (Lvl 1) - Causes the target to be unable to see all around them for a short amount of time. Every word they speak while being afflicted by this move
causes the words to be echoed back to them. The more that is spoken, the louder and scratchier the echoes get.

Abilities
Mnyama Kusema - Absci has the ability to speak with animals for five minutes at a time. This ability can only be used once a day.

Kutoweka Kutoka Mbele - For five minutes a day, Asbci has the ability to become slightly transparent. This ability works well within the night more than the day.
Kuwa Mmoja Na Nchi - Absci has the ability to change into an animal for five minutes a day. This ability is only limited to mammals. Also, this does not allow him to speak with animals.
Kuwa Na Nguvu - Raises his attack modifier by 0.7x. Can only be used once a day for a single encounter.

Beliefs: Neutral

Biography:
The boy lived a rather normal early life, in his perspective at least. Born to a tribe of nomads, this group chose to stick to tradition rather than adapt to the modern times of the castled cities. They ate from what the land gave to them, and they gave back to Terra by planting seeds from fruits and vegetables so that other animals could come and eat. Life was a never ending cycle of giving for the Watoto Wa Nyota. It was, until outsiders decided to destroy the cycle.

The Watoto Wa Nyota were a nocturnal tribe. In the day they would sleep in shaded areas or hidden areas to be safe from those who were foreign. In the night they would profess prayers up the the Nyota, bowing down before the great light within the night sky before proceeding with their meals. Nothing was passed down in the tribe by transcription. The only way to gain knowledge of the Watoto Wa Nyota's teachings was to be there and hear it from them. Greed overtook the foreigners that night. The nocturnal tribe knew about the band of mages that wandered around them, watching their activities. The Watoto Wa Nyota do not bother those who do not bother. It was too late for them to realize that they should have.

Bent on absorbing the information of the Watoto Wa Nyota for their makeshift substitute idol spells, the band of mages attacked the tribe, using a prototype method of extracting information from a persons mind. Dark magic this was. It did quite the opposite of what it was intended to do. Screams littered the plains as the fair skinned ones of the boy's tribe were eliminated for their teachings. After a short amount of time, the boy was left. A hand latched onto his face, and the world went blank. When he awoke, he was clad in dark clothing. His head throbbed and throbbed, until the voices began to come into his mind. Screams and cries left his mouth as he knelt upon the city grounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am unsure of how soon I will be able to get the full character up, due to school complications

I am unsure of how soon I will be able to get the full character up, due to school complications
That's fine. I'll reserve a spot for you. Just make sure you do it if you get any time away from school.

@UltimaCircuit

Good CS, although I have some problems with the moves.

For Celeri Iaculat, you should have some drawbacks like an increased stamina cost for example.

For Perniciosa Iaculat, you also need some drawbacks.

And you need to add some abilities.

@UltimaCircuit

Good CS, although I have some problems with the moves.

For Celeri Iaculat, you should have some drawbacks like an increased stamina cost for example.

For Perniciosa Iaculat, you also need some drawbacks.

And you need to add some abilities.

I will do so later on. My computer just froze up for no reason but I gotta work anyways so I guess it kind of worked out.

Ok, a question: If we have a soldier/non-magical class, do we have to be training for the military or can we go for a mercenary type thing?

I added some things into the skills you talked about and abilities. I believe it should be good now, and I don't think that they are really OP.

I added some things into the skills you talked about and abilities. I believe it should be good now, and I don't think that they are really OP.
Yup that's fine, I'll add your character into the roster.

Question: Can I get the code for that formatting? With the boxes and the arrows?

;A; Formatting inept...

Status
Not open for further replies.