Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Close

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is still open for new applicants, then I shall express my interest here. I was thinking something along the lines of a sword-wielding berserker. Should be ready in the next few days if a slot is open.

YIf this is still open for new applicants, then I shall express my interest here. I was thinking something along the lines of a sword-wielding berserker. Should be ready in the next few days if a slot is open.
The roleplay is stlll open :D

Very nicely made. I might make a cs if this rp is still accepting applications

interesting-wallpaper-anime-swordanime-cat-girl-ears-sword-kimono-px-free-neuuqdu-anime-girl-wallpaper-hd-for-android-download-desktop-sites-1920x1080-wallpapers-iphone-boy-cute.jpg

Character Theme: In Your Belief
"At peace with yourself? You will be..."

-Aiko Yasha

Personality:
"Words are empty without action."

Anyone who knows Aiko also knows that she has a warrior's heart. Possessing arguably one of the shortest tempers the Republic has ever seen, she is notorious for exploding into a violent hurricane of rage at the slightest provocation. Oddly enough, she's not much of a screamer when she's mad. Instead, her voice never raises more than a growl or sometimes a brief shout. With an initial emotional range between "slightly irritated" and "murderously livid", Aiko has a hard time getting along with others and making friends. Aiko lives and breaths by the sword, and her main approach to solving problems is, "Hit it really hard." This mentality makes her extremely reckless and aggressive in almost everything she does.

"Second place is the first loser!"
Aiko is insanely competitive and a very sore loser. She'll never back down from a challenge, no matter how many odds are stacked against her. Some may say she has an unhealthy obsession with being the best, as she's known to lose several days of sleep over any perceived failure she might have had. In terms of fighting skills, Aiko is almost always training to improve, usually for several hours at a time or even all day. She has an inferiority complex to the worst degree, and is never satisfied with her performance in anything, even if she does win.

Not everything is miserable though, as there are quite a few astonishingly easy methods of brightening Aiko's mood. One of which is food. Lots of it. In fact, her ravenous appetite is rumored to be comparable to fifteen grown men, but that's surely hyperbole. Aiko has a habit of eating simply gargantuan meals and then sleeping it all off for a few hours afterwards.

"I don't want to be alone..."
Although she'll never openly admit it, Aiko actually finds herself feeling quite lonely and depressed when no one is around. She'd rather be fighting enemies than be completely isolated. In fact, a tiny, deeply suppressed part of herself wants something more than mere companionship, but her ambitions usually drone that desire out.

Weight: 130lbs (~59kg)
Height: 5'9" (~175cm)
Class: Lvl 1. Berserker

Stats:
Vitality : 4
Stamina : 5
Physical Attack : 9
Magical Attack : 0
Physical Defense : 2
Magical Defense : 0
Alertness : 1
Faith : 0
Stealth : 0
Speed : 5

Abilities:
Lvl 1 Reign of Anger
Aiko does not have a mana bar. Instead, she uses a resource called Rage. Every time Aiko attacks an enemy, deals damage, takes damage, or if her allies take damage, Aiko will generate 5 points of Rage, up to a maximum of 100 points. If Aiko does not generate any rage within three turns, her rage start decaying by 10 points per turn. She can choose to spend 50 rage points to empower one of her moves with an additional effect. Accumulating Rage provides the following buffs:
Angry!: At 20 rage points, Aiko gains the Angry! status, increasing her Stamina, Physical Attack, and Speed by 20%. However, she loses 20% of her maximum Vitality, Physical Defense, Magic Defense, and Alertness.
Furious!: At 50 rage points, Aiko loses the Angry! status and gains the Furious! status. Stamina, Physical Attack, and Speed are increased by 50%, while Vitality, Physical Defense, Magic Defense, and Alertness are reduced by 50%.
Outraged!: At 100 rage points, Aiko loses the Furious! status and gains the Outraged! status. Stamina, Physical Attack, and Speed are increased by 100%, while Vitality, Physical Defense, Magic Defense, and Alertness are decreased by 100%. Empowered moves cost no Rage in this state. This status can only last for three turns, then Aiko loses all of her rage, becomes Exhausted!, and cannot earn any Rage points until the status is lifted.
Lvl 1 Contempt for the Weak
Aiko deals bonus physical damage against targets who are either under 50% health or suffer from a negative status. If Aiko is under 20% health or suffers from a negative status, her Rage generation is doubled.
Lvl 1 Mortal Draw
Whenever Aiko's blade is sheathed (which requires a full turn without attacking or guarding), she gains the Mortal Draw status.
Mortal Draw: Aiko's next attack will have a drastically increased critical hit chance.

Moves:
Physical Move: Lvl 1 Savagery

Base Power: 10
Stamina Cost: 5
Mortal Draw Crit Chance: 80%

Empowered Base Power: 20
Stamina Cost: 10
Rage Cost: 50
Mortal Draw Crit Chance: 55%

Aiko strikes with additional physical damage at the cost of a higher stamina cost and a defence reduction of 15% for one turn. When empowered by spending 50 points of Rage, Savagery will deal even more damage. Empowered Savagery will stun the target if it crits.
Physical Move: Lvl 1 Steel Hurricane

Base Power: 5
Stamina Cost: 3

Empowered Base Power: 10
Stamina Cost: 3

Aiko sweeps her blade in a wide circle around her, dealing physical damage to everyone in range. When empowered with 50 points of Rage, Steel Hurricane deals bonus damage. If Empowered Steel Hurricane crits, it will knock back everyone hit.
Physical Move: Lvl 1 Assault Dive

Base Power: 15
Stamina Cost: 15

Empowered Base Power: 25
Stamina Cost: 15

Aiko recklessly charges her opponent and deals physical damage to them. Her defense is reduced by 25% for one turn. When empowered with 50 points of Rage, Aiko has an increased chance to successfully Bypass enemies. Empowered Assault Dive will ignore speed checks if it crits.
Status Move: Lvl 1 Relentless Barrage

Aiko consumes all of her Rage Points, and gains one point of Stamina for every two points consumed. This move has a 5 turn cooldown between uses

Beliefs: Doubter
Biography:
(Mostly ignore this section for now. My brain is currently derp. Will come back to this later.)

Aiko's earliest and most profound memory is waking up in a muddy ditch during a late-night thunderstorm. She held her head in throbbing waves of agony as her vision swam uncontrollably. When she pulled her fingers away, they were wet and sticky with rain, mud and blood. Aiko remained on her back for several minutes before mustering the strength and willpower to move. With a grunt of pain and effort, the wounded warrior rolled and flopped onto her stomach, and then rose to her hands and knees. The sudden action immediately made her sick, and left her completely coated in grime and unsavory fluids. Aiko would not stand for this. Someone, or something, had ruthlessly beaten her and left her broken form in a tomb of mud and filth to rot. It was the pure seething rage at her defeat and subsequent humiliation that commanded her to crawl. Clutching the thick, soaked grass around her for dear life, Aiko started to drag herself out of the mud pit and up a hill, leaving a red trail behind her. After the longest fifteen minutes of Aiko's life, she found herself on a small dirt road. She doesn't remember anything after, as she had passed back out once she reached the road.

When Aiko came to again, she was in a much more pleasant environment. She was in a white, fluffy bed. She assumed she had been scraped off the ground by a good-willed villager and dropped off at the nearest inn and/or hospital. She appreciated the help, but a part of her didn't like the idea of being dependent on someone else. For a long while after the incident, Aiko suffered from total amnesia. She couldn't remember her name, or anything about herself for that matter, for several days. Eventually, a few key memories returned to her. She knew that her full name was Aiko Yasha, and that she was a battle-hardened soldier that tore down everything in her way. She then regained her swordplay skills, survivalism, and even remembered how to play her small wooden recorder again (although she'll never play it unless she is alone). After about a month of recovery, a new Aiko set out on the world.

Aiko Yasha has spent almost the entirety of her remembered life wandering the vast landscapes of the republic. Without any real recollection of her past, she honestly doesn't know what to do with her life. She picked up the habit of taking extremely odd and random jobs; she'd be a ruthless mercenary one night an a bartender the next. This, however, changed once she reached her current location.

As of the present day, Aiko has one goal drilled into her being: to become a Master of Voluptas.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I again apologize for the currently subpar writing in the Biography section. I will be working on that proper as we approach the launch of the IC. Right now I'm mostly concerned on how her skills and stats will be balanced. We can work out the finer details of that via PMs if you wish.

I again apologize for the currently subpar writing in the Biography section. I will be working on that proper as we approach the launch of the IC. Right now I'm mostly concerned on how her skills and stats will be balanced. We can work out the finer details of that via PMs if you wish.
That's alright! Your character sheet looks great regardless. You still have a few days to finish the biography anyways. I'll PM you about about the moves and abilities.

Are you still accepting characters? If so I would be interested in making a character.

I also have an idea for a character, or even a class, that uses animals and mythical creatures as partners to fighting, I was thinking it could be a Beast Master or Beast Trainer. Would you allow the idea?

Are you still accepting characters? If so I would be interested in making a character.

I also have an idea for a character, or even a class, that uses animals and mythical creatures as partners to fighting, I was thinking it could be a Beast Master or Beast Trainer. Would you allow the idea?
Yeah the roleplay is still open! There's a magic sub-class called Substitution Mage it's similar to what you're describing. If you're dissatisfied with it I'll add the subclass. Although the sub-classes are similar.

I might just play an assassin, but if I wanted to could my character have a pet/familiar/spirit animal/etc that she could speak to? I was thinking it could be a rat to play off of the assassin but that is solely up to you.

I also have a question, will we be rolling die to see if we land our hits or whatever our actions may be?

I might just play an assassin, but if I wanted to could my character have a pet/familiar/spirit animal/etc that she could speak to? I was thinking it could be a rat to play off of the assassin but that is solely up to you.

I also have a question, will we be rolling die to see if we land our hits or whatever our actions may be?
I'm not using dice to detrimine the chance. Too complicated and all.

I'm just using a basic simulator to detrimine hit chances.

The answer is yes if you really want to. Perhaps it can just be a guide or mage within Voluptas?

Loving the characters so far! We've got a great range of all sorts of skills, so I'm sure we'll all make a good team!

I changed up Toshiro a little to make him a little more... non-useless (but still weak) when up against non-Mage characters. Chances are he'd still get pulverised, but at least he'd be able to do some damage beforehand.

Also, on the schedule with the 'Arena' / 'Sparring' and such, will it be done in teams like 4v4s, strictly duels (1v1s) only, or a combination of both?

And sorry for another question, but will the opponents be randomised, or picked by a mentor? Apologies if its already been mentioned somewhere.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Loving the characters so far! We've got a great range of all sorts of skills, so I'm sure we'll all make a good team!

I changed up Toshiro a little to make him a little more... non-useless (but still weak) when up against non-Mage characters. Chances are he'd still get pulverised, but at least he'd be able to do some damage beforehand.

Also, on the schedule with the 'Arena' / 'Sparring' and such, will it be done in teams like 4v4s, strictly duels (1v1s) only, or a combination of both?

And sorry for another question, but will the opponents be randomised, or picked by a mentor? Apologies if its already been mentioned somewhere.
Probably a combination of of single combat and team combat for the arena.

For encounters outside the city is randomized. The same would be for Arena, with a couple of exception.

• Useful
Reactions: Jakers
I'm still working on my character sheet! My character is kind of Druid-y, would that fall under Earth Mage? She's more.. plants and stuff then rocks/earth.

Sheets up! ^^ I'm so sorry, I couldn't find an anime picture I liked for her :(

Hey guys!
I've got lots of tuff on my plate!
I'll try to get it finished by Monday. Prom is on Saturday!

Reactions: Kes
oh sorry xD I edited it into my origional post on the first page

Status
Not open for further replies.