Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Close

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look, and... Holy crap, 25 base power for her empowered Assault Dive, and 20 base power for savagery? Whilst I can appreciate the rage and stamina requirements are high, wouldn't that be a little off-the-scale if it critically hit? It doesn't even need to critical to completely one-shot Toshiro, whilst characters like Cantalian would get one-shotted from a crit. It'd be like a freakin' bass drop if she uses Assault! Whilst critting with empowered assault dive or something, too. 50 damage or something like that? I'm legitimately terrified. xD
It's not really overpowered. The base power is affected by the opponent's defense. So if it's light like Cantalian's and Toshiro's they're toast. But if someone could take the hit Aiko loses her edge since her defense is extremely low.

I'll have a post up in about a hour. Still have stuff to wrap up.

Yeah, we really have yet to see a true tank in this RP. Anyone with the Knight class would thoroughly screw someone like Aiko over. Also, I tweaked things again.

Nicola Barzetti
water_mage.jpg

"So what if my past is a lie? My life starts now."

Weight: 135
Height: 5' 8"
Class: Water mage
Beliefs: Neutral

Stats:
Vitality : 3
Stamina : 2
Physical Attack : 1
Magical Attack : 7
Physical Defense : 1
Magical Defense : 8
Alertness : 2
Faith : 0
Stealth : 0
Speed : 2

Moves

Lustrate [Heal] : Level 1 : Summons a light rainfall at target location. Target and nearby allies are continually healed for the duration of the rain. Lustrate locks the caster in a casting state and can cause exhaustion if channeled for extended periods of time.

Attack Value : 1
Cost : 2 stamina per turn channeled.

Bubble Trap [Control] : Level 1 : Sends a bubble flying towards target. If the spell is successful, target is locked within and stunned for one turn. Target's trapped within are unable to take damage. Chance of success is dependent on target's resistance and magical defense.

Cost : 2 stamina

Torrent [Offensive] : Level 1 : Shoots a stream or bullets of water at a target. Targets are damaged and soaked. The volume of water and complexity of its manipulation determines the stamina cost of the spell.

Attack Value : 3
Cost : 3 stamina

Abilities
Nature's Blessing [Passive] : If Nicola is standing in rain or near a natural source of water, potency of water-based spells are buffed by 10% while stamina costs are cut by 75%.

Water Walking [Passive] : Nicola is capable of walking on water at the cost of additional stamina in comparison to ordinary movement.

Aspiring Scholar [Passive] : Nicola's history as a student of magic and his avid desire to research the art, allows for faster development in the level of his magics. There is a 10% chance for increased XP at a 1.0x rate when using spells or researching text.

Personality
Nicola's past identity did little to change who he truly was at the core of his being. Even to this day, Nicola's appearance and occasional mannerism brands him as a member of the opposite gender, and it is with full enjoyment that he takes advantage of the split possibilities for his identity. That being said, Nicola is overall a quiet individual who rather spend his time focused on practice and research rather than in the company of other. Nevertheless, he hosts a cheerful, carefree personality that makes conversation with him quite an easy and fun experience.

As a mage of water, Nicola's strengths in battle are primarily focused towards supportive spells, and it is because of this fact that he is often forced into the company of parties. In terms of group interaction, Nicola makes for a great partner providing the others are halfway decent in their personality. His cheerful nature brings humor and fun while his loyal tendencies ensure a promising performance, limited only by the scale of his talent.

Contrary to the life that he lived, Nicola is quite an honest person who doesn't hesitate to tell blatant truth about anything. No longer tied down by the will of his parents, Nicola now lives the life that he always desired; one that hosts confidence in the skills that have already been developed, and one that will forever motivate his hard-working nature until he reaches the pinnacle of talent which a young mage can only dream about.

Biography
Everything about Nicola's life was a lie. From the moment of birth through the following years of development, Nicola's identity was never his own, but rather in the hands of his parent's selfish nature that molded the child to their will. Nicola was born under a particular family of nobles whose ideals were attuned towards the study and practice of magic. Housed within the militarized capital of Ardinia, Nicola's birth as the family's male heir gave expectations towards his development as a soldier of the Republic. In the eyes of his parents who believed solely in the research of magics, such development was potential ruin for their child, and as a result, a forged identity was born. Appearances, mannerisms, self-acknowledgement, all of these traits were identified, not as a son of the Barzetti family, but rather as a daughter.

In the years of Nicola's childhood, loneliness was the best description for the suffering that he experienced. To minimize the chance of exposure for his life's lie, Nicola was isolated away from the other children until he had reached a point of mastery and acceptance for his other identity. Rather than attend private institutions allocated for the education of nobles, Nicola was home-tutored through mentors and his parents of the magics. From a young age, his natural inclination towards water led to his preparatory development for a life within Voluptus as a mage of water.

Whether it was the consistent exposure from his forced life or a natural desire inherited from his parent's genes, Nicola gradually developed an interest towards the field of magics. From the youngest possible age, Nicola wished to start his life's journey within Voluptus, yet it wasn't until his parents deemed him ready that he was able to depart. Having devoted their lives and status towards his development as a mage, Nicola's parents expected perfection from his performance within the Academy; an expectation that was hardly shared by the teen who simply desired the chance to start his own life with his own goals of study.

Uhu, a water mage and a fire mage, I can see trouble brewing

Amber is, hyperactive, and a little bit bull headed. You could read up on her at page 5

Amber will be furious, and she knows some martial arts and has a whip I might add. Things are going to get interesting

She needs a bit of formatting, but I am so close, so so close.

XD looks good

Unfortunately, I think she ran off too quickly for Willow to heal her. It's quite the long dance

lol picking fights like that XD
She is quite prickly isn't she?

welp, I'm going to bed. I'll be back on in about 8 hours or so. Night!

Woo!
That look a little longer than I expected, but let this fun ride begin!

Reactions: Jakers
It's not really overpowered. The base power is affected by the opponent's defense. So if it's light like Cantalian's and Toshiro's they're toast. But if someone could take the hit Aiko loses her edge since her defense is extremely low.
Actually, you're completely correct. Now that I've looked further into the skillset, it's actually very well-balanced - perhaps I was thinking a little irrationally because we have yet to see any tanky types; apologies if I sounded kinda dickish ><

Also - welcome, @Tsu ! (I freakin' LOVE trap characters btw, the reaction of other characters is always priceless xD)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitsunemage
Status
Not open for further replies.