Ω Omega Squad Ω

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prince

Original poster
Omega_Squad_Banner.jpg

[ GM Prince, Co-GM Zarko Straadi || Roaring Twenties, Tokusatsu, Superhero || Linear-Sandbox ]

Theme: Black by Kari Kimmel​

Ω Introduction

Omega Squad is a roleplay created from scratch using the ideas, inspiration and collaboration of several interested roleplayers through an interest check. Beginning with the suggestion of a Tokusatsu-themed superhero roleplay and building a foundation from there, the roleplay was shaped over the course of roughly two weeks with numerous individuals assisting in its creation. Incorporating elements of comic heroes from multiple works as well as Tokusatsu-style heroes, all in a 1920's setting, have created a unique universe for the players that have taken part of this endeavor. The Omegaverse is filled with aliens, magic and mysticism... but mostly aliens.

Ω The World

The year is 1923. The era is known as the Roaring Twenties, and for most is a time of excitement. New journalism techniques have brought forth a surge of attention to sports, with famous athletes like Babe Ruth being heralded throughout the states. Jazz music has swept through most of the nation, eating at fundamentalist ideals while simultaneously giving birth to a whole new generation of swingers and parties. The invention of the radio, although a slow integration for America, has even allowed the spread of news and culture to diffuse from coast to coast faster than ever. Many claim there will never be a better time to be alive. Many ignore the obvious faults of the generation as well. Crime and poor work environments are often covered up or gone entirely unattended. Prohibition brought forth a whole new insurgence of gang activity, with new mobsters such as Al Capone leading the forefront in bootlegging, prostitution, murder and even drug trafficking. Child workers still fill the labor force, although efforts are slowly being made to improve those situations, and the entire nation allows its rose colored glasses to keep it from seeing the faults within it. Without a doubt, this era is roaring. Not just with loud music, but with gunshots and sirens as well. The Omegaverse takes place in this era, but the Omega Squad does not roar along with the twenties. The Omega Squad exists alongside mysticism, magic, the occult and even aliens in secret, hidden beneath the layers of journalism and even deeper than the utterly-ignored crime. That is, for now.

Useful Links: Wikipedia: 1920's, World War I, World War II, Prohibition; History.com, 1920-30.com, Slang, America 1918-1939

Ω The A'vi and the Agency

The A'vi, originally called Avis Homines (bird men), are an alien race that crash landed on Earth centuries ago. The A'vi earned their homage due to their lightweight bones and frames (believed to be from extended space travel), small, wing-like appendages on their backs and beak-like protrusions over their mouths. Not much more is known about the race or their physiology as what corpses were found were severely burned, most of them already incinerated due to on board processes or ravaged, likely by animals. The A'vi, as they came to be known, were a seemingly advanced race capable of long-term space travel with technology aboard their ship so far beyond the technology of the Roaring Twenties that there exists virtually no bridge between them to learn from the technology of the A'vi. What little is learned over time is by crude applications or recreations of technology, and even then it is highly limited in comparison to what the technology likely was capable of in its prime.

Most wreckage, artifacts and information is presently held by the Agency. The ships and their remnants were originally found in the arctic lowlands of Canada and how they came into the possession of the Agency is a complete mystery. The Agency itself is the unofficial title of the United States agency specifically directed at advancing warfare and defense by creating and testing new weapons, primarily through the A'vi technology. The Agency is actually a branch of a much larger agency as it often has to answer to "higher-ups" or "gain clearance" in addition to only being allotted certain technology other sister agencies have already been allotted. The secrecy goes so far as to Officers in the Agency being effectively uninformed of who they are working for as they carry out directives and manage Agency employees. Because the Agency is one of the few with relatively high levels of human interaction, those that are introduced to the covert work of it and its body of management simply deem it "The Agency" and move on.

The technology of the A'vi is apparently crystalline in nature with some materials being as light as air, yet capable of supporting more weight than concrete and acting as incredible insulators. Others act as magnets so powerful that few tools can easily be used to test them and in small quantities make fantastic conductors, far better than even gold or copper. Actual crystals act as batteries, storing enough energy in an object the size of a baseball to power entire industrial plants of the Twenties. In short, the materials and technology salvaged from the A'vi are beyond what is capable of yet being understood, and their use of biotechnology cannot even be comprehended at this time by even top scientists. The biological computers used to run their ships, now mostly damaged and burnt, seemed to be so far greater than those of the era that it brought into question just what computer technology will be able to do in the next century.

The Agency has been given access to some of the technology that was either inspired by or salvaged from the A'vi, and from them created weapons significantly more advanced than even what was used in the Great War (World War I). Ranging from laser pistols to plasma cutters, the advancements made by the Agency through applying the technology they were given, and are still being given, have began paving the way for the future, in some cases for the better of mankind, in others solely for the advancement of warfare. With so many projects and the Agency becoming so expansive in its applications, the Agency created squads to implement their technology. This is the aforementioned levels of human interaction. While some squads are trained for espionage using cloaking, others are trained for demolition, assault, information receiving, engineering and the list continues to grow. It wasn't until the first break through in the bio-mechanical technology implemented by the A'vi, and the sight of private contractors with A'vian technology that the Agency created its most controversial squad: the Omega Squad.

Ω The Omega Squad

While every squad within the Agency handles alien technology, the Omega Squad literally is the alien technology. Data regarding the biomechanical nature of A'vian technology was salvaged from the physical hard discs stored outside of the organic computers (believed to be for transport) of the A'vi offered enough potential to crudely create some of their biological augments. While this was imperfect, it didn't matter. The Agency had access to military rejects, prisoners, private contractors or even volunteers to the project. The very first step in becoming a member of the Omega Squad is simply survival. Only one out of a hundred applicants survive the process by which their DNA is altered with that of the samples taken from the A'vi, and it is only with the hybrid DNA that they can gain access to the A'vian biomechanical technology recreated by the Agency.

After a member of the Omega Squad survives the DNA alteration process,they are then scanned by crude computers, still far more advanced than anything else of the era. This is a process outlined in hard disc manuals originally meant to help the A'vi understand the physiology of any species they encounter by augmenting select portions of their DNA to make them compatible for uplink with their organic computer system for a perfect scan on a cellular level. Each member of the Omega Squad starts the program with an inhibitor ring under the skin of their neck, lined with four bombs that can be remote detonated or set to go off if the individual extends too far out of range, forcing the squad to stay within their allotted confines. With their scans complete and inhibitor rings activated, the squad continues on with the next step.

The group is outfit with a set of streamline watches whose dials act as combination locks that, with the authorization code, allow them full access to the gear the Agency creates for them. While the watch acts as a lock, a secondary device housing a crystal acts as a beacon and a power source, often in the form of a necklace, pocket watch, or even knife handle, that allows the Agency to transport their suits and weapons. In an almost instant glow of flashing light, each member of the group is outfitted with a color-coordinated suit, a set of weapons suited their needs and is no longer "inhibited" from their inset abilities. What this means is that between the watch and their secondary item, any member of the group can effectively summon their weapons and unlock the abilities granted to them by the A'vi DNA — as long as they have authorization from the Agency.

Those chosen for the Omega Squad, first and foremost, often have to be so expendable that their deaths will have no consequence. That is because the very first step often results in death. Those chosen for this process are often war criminals from the Great War, prisoners in general, volunteers hoping to become a super soldier, or even private contractors making a deal for freedom after a set period of service. The risks are well known. Not only is the mortality rate high, but the missions the Omega Squad are sent out on tend to be some of the most dangerous. It is a misconception that they will only be dangerous missions, as some are as simple as recon, and some even further are just missions the other Squads weren't suitable for, but the point remains that when no other Squad can or will complete a mission, the Omega Squad is the Squad sent. Omega, being the last letter of the Greek Alphabet, was chosen for the Squad that is the last line of defense.

Ω Weapons and Abilities
A unexpected side-effect of the alterations regarding A'vi DNA is that essentially any entity that undergoes the process is given some form of telekinetic ability. This can include basic telekinesis, telepathy, empathy, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, cryokinesis, etc., to more advanced forms such as a specialized telepathy with animals. However, some have shown to not actually gain a telekinetic ability, but instead show one of their physical traits amplified significantly. No subject has ever shown more than one ability, but their seems to be no favor or pattern in what traits or telekinetic abilities manifest. Even without the suits, these traits prove to manifest themselves. Because of this, and because of the nature of some members of the Omega Squad, the inhibitor collars are equipped to emit a suppression impulse that weaken these traits.

Another side-effect of the DNA alteration, and the main cause of death during such, is that a preset or 'idea' type of DNA is used as the base for homo sapien in the process. Because of this, certain physical traits such as poor eyesight, asthma, etc. are eliminated during the process. Even some underlying issues may be eliminated. This is an unavoidable possibility due to the process being very crude and because current medicine cannot feasibly diagnose all the possible incompatibilities with the process, the mortality rate is high. Despite that, there are examples of individuals with such traits surviving the process, thus proving it not impossible. Those that survive the process generally feel in better shape or have less difficulties building muscle mass or attaining muscle memory, giving them a slight edge on the regular soldier.

The technology current given to the Omega Squad is centered around crystalline technology. It is lightweight and powerful. The suits of every member is an organic polymer that allows its user to "feel" through the suit, but due to the structure of the suits, make them capable of being resistant to cuts or small arms fire. Despite that, being shot will still hurt, and larger rounds or multiple smaller rounds can tear through the fabric. Being stabbed or blunt force trauma, specifically, still pose high threats. The material, however, is capable of self repair. Helmets are equipped with specialized HUD's and communications for members while also allowing in signals from the Agency. These suits are the bread and butter of the Omega Squad, as they house the crystal that acts as a power source for all of their weapons.

The weapons used by the Omega Squad are essentially all powered by their A'vian Crystals on their chests, and harness a type of electricity refined significantly using reactors from the A'vi ships. In its new "format", the energy acts almost as if it were comprised of an entirely different form of wave. Almost every form of firearm used by a member of the Omega Squad will fire a superheated bolt of this energy, which carries an inherent yet low amount of kinetic force. It is mostly used for its raw heat and the transfer of energy associated with it. Weapons, such as swords and knives, are often augmented to cut with a heat similar to plasma, or electrified to stun or carry a charge to their targets. On the other end, some specialized weapons can be made into explosives or even to draw in energy, forcing a freeze. Weapons are generally created for each individual, suited to them by their self-scan, their work history and a questionnaire beforehand.

Ω A'vian Weakness
While the Omega Squad and their technology can be powerful, it also bares a singular weakness. This weakness is found in the inhibitor rings upon all members, as they suppress their abilities. Certain frequencies and impulses are dangerously hazardous to those with the DNA augmentation required to become part of the Omega Squad. In fact, many biomechanical or organic components to A'vi ships and technology are also sensitive to certain vibrations and pulses. While some can be a simply nullification, others can deal substantial damage. Because each member of the Omega Squad has had their DNA augmented, they have become susceptible to this weakness. Abilities can be nullified, the crystalline power supply can be halted and pulses that would normally be nothing but an annoying sound to a regular human can be deafening to the Omega Squad. While there are few frequencies that can do this, and they exist differently based on medium (solids, liquids and gases), they do exist and act as a primary weakness to the essentially all A'vian technology.

Ω Character Creation

To preserve the Tokusatsu theme, I will be only allowing initial squads to contain five members. If there are more characters than I can fit on a Squad, I will allow more than one Squad. The rule for this will simply be no more than five-per-squad, thus a squad of two, three, or four are possibilities, however, one character does not compromise a squad. This is something I do want to keep in mind during character creation. Another note I want to be kept in mind is that the color Red will itself be the default leader of the squad, but there are no gender barriers on colors. In regards to whomever applies for Red, the leader, it is paramount that you know this: I personally would prefer the leader to be a good-guy militant archetype, ie while the other characters might be expendable and "fit the bill" as criminals, their leader will effectively be a soldier attempting to keep them in line. I don't want to put too much structure on these characters and this limitation likely will not be imposed on squads beyond the initial one, but I'm fervent in the initial squad having this type of leader.

Other notes to consider, before taking a look at the character sheet template, are that I would personally prefer each character and their "abilities" or "armament" to be specialized. A jack-of-all-trades really isn't necessarily needed, although I won't decline a character based on that and that alone. For example, I noted that there were in fact other squads aside from Omega that utilized A'vi technology through the Agency. The Omega Squad are human weapons, but I imagine them as a team that if split up could be put on the other squads for purposes such as espionage, demolitions, engineering, combat medics, etc. and function properly. For this purpose, I will allow weapons of specialized members of the squad to be very specific and complex, if they suit the common theme of the character. I actually encourage making each character as dynamic and unique as possible.

• Note: You may edit the template however you like, as long as it contains the same or more information than needed.

- The character appearance will be followed by a centered portion of the most immediate, relevant information to the character. This appearance should be their regular appearance.

- After that is the character's name, aliases, and general personality. I prefer 2-3 paragraphs here. While I don't want it long, I do want it informative. A slight overview of the character as a whole is generally a good idea.

- Here is where I typically place a theme song, if a character has one, or simply use a horizontal rule to signify the transition from the personality portion and the history.

- This next part is the history. While I consider the minimum 3-5 paragraphs, there isn't a maximum. What is important here is to understand that characters generally come from one of three "types" of backgrounds: criminal, soldier and private sector. If your character is a criminal, explain what kind of criminal. Explain their skills. Explain why they would become part of the Omega project. If your character is a soldier, explain their feats. Are they a veteran? What did they accomplish? If your character is private sector, which is basically a mercenary, then the - Agency likely was already using him in another squad to test A'vi technology, but this path might allow more creative freedom, but at the cost of making the acceptance process slightly more difficult. The tone of the Omega Squad is "expendable", so don't forget that.

- The next picture will be of their suit. I will put some of the suits that I'm using as inspiration in another list later. Suits actually do not need to perfectly match. In fact, I would like to see some variety. These are the 1920's; you won't need perfectly matching suits with completely similar themes.

- The A'vi Crystal is the item that acts as a beacon for the watch. It can essentially be anything, and its size is fairly variable. Again, it's only a beacon. But, here you can describe it and list it to whatever degree you see fit.

- This is your ability, likely inhibited by a pulse from the inhibitor ring. Not only list the ability, but describe it and explain why it would manifest in a character of this type.

- Lastly, your armament. Be creative here and try to fit your role in the team. Yes, the "demolitions guy" can have a giant BFG. If the "espionage" guy wants cloaking, fine. Close quarters combat? Plasma swords. Be creative and keep in mind that just about every character will have at least one stun-knife and laser pistol. Aside from that, I'm willing to grant 2-4 more items, possibly even more if they're for utility.

• [center][img][/img]
    [b][ Gender | Age | Color | Specialty][/b][/center]

[b]Name[/b] brief character description. Include personality.

[center][media=youtube]Theme (optional; if no theme, simply use an [hr])[/media][/center]

[b]History[/b]

[hr]

[center][img][/img][/center]

[b]A'vi Crystal

Abilities

Armament[/b]

• [padding]These are some suits that I personally like a lot. Most suits I found appealing are inspired by the Power Rangers Zeo era. Some are futuristic while others are more laid back. Personally, I like the flair of the Pink Ranger wielding a bow and the Red Ranger with the sword, and while the Rangers with the Neon lighting may be cool, I personally dislike how futuristic they look. They are all, however, options, and there is no distinct need to match. Of the suits, I personally like the gold flair in the later ones, and the actual basic suits of the Zeo Rangers are simplistic enough to be realistic. I will leave the suits in the hands of each individual roleplayer, but keep in mind: I'm not looking for Iron Man suits. The only exception might be for a Squad member more suited towards such, like a heavy gunner, assault, demolitions, etc., otherwise the lightweight suit is my preferred choice.[/padding]

3477107-7979345041-RedRa.jpg

81vVBR9vtDL._SL1500_.jpg
    power_rangers_movie_poster_1_by_geektruth64-d6tr7rg.jpg
    go_go_power_rangers___by_isaiahstephens-d7u06yh.png
    30908822_Film-and-_3210636a.jpg
    10118191983_0e3037d644_o_d.jpg
    zeo_by_davidfernandezart-d7c9g4t.jpg
    89fb226c5c3a059a1b9d386f3f4beded-d5r4zu3.jpg
    power_rangers_fan_art_dark_01.jpg

Ω Omega Squad Roster

Handler — Agent 0086

[padding]
[ Male | 34 | Handler]

Agent 0086 a.k.a Sawback is the primary handler of the Omega Squad. While he is formally addressed as Agent 0086 (O - O - 86), he is more frequently referred to as 86 or Sawback. Sawback is a known veteran of the Great War, but little else is shared about his past. As the Agency prefers to keep information regarding their agents secret, the most Sawback has ever described about his experience in combat is the anecdotal story of how he earned his nickname: "I was shot'n'bleedin'; all I had was a broken sawblade'n a two shots left in mah Colt. . . but when my Regiment found me, there's forty-six dead Germans 'n me leanin' against a captured tank. Since'n, they called me Sawback."

Sawback is a strict man and fiercely loyal to the United States. With the exception of Lieutenant Elric Palmer, Sawback tends to treat the rest of the Omega Squad as if they were still nothing but two-bit criminals. He oversees their training, punishment and has complete control over their inhibitor collars. His job, as he claims it, is to babysit the squad whether they're on missions or at home training. His goal, as he claims, is to rehabilitate the former criminals and turn them into soldiers. Sawback claims a lot and talks a big game; he regards half of his job as being the drill sergeant for the Omega Squad. However, at times, he is also the voice of leniency towards them. As their progression of assets of the Agency continues onward, he will show them compassion for their growth and avoid detonating their collars or even inhibiting them unless absolutely necessary. While he believes they cannot be normal again, he does believe they that can ultimately contribute to society.

The identity of Agent 0086 before his occupation in the Agency is almost non-existent. While there are plenty of French and United States veterans that know of him and could even identity him by his face, his identity has formally been wiped from the system. At one point, he was a decorated African American Solider that served in World War I as part of the 369th Division, ie the Harlem Hellfighters. He fought for the French and came back a decorated officer. He faced many obstacles, such as racism during training in South Carolina, propaganda from the Germans claiming that they were attempting to fight the oppression of the United States and of course one of the longest tours of a United States infantryman in the entire Great War. It was for these reasons that the Agency approached him, extending a spot of authority to him. Considered even more loyal and trustworthy than the group leader, Lieutenant Elric Palmer, the entire fate of Omega Squad was placed in his hands. Again, little else is known about the Agent, and the only individual that might even know this much would be the Omega Squad leader himself.[/padding]
Red — Elric Palmer

XyoUzSB.png

[ Male | 27 | Red | Aviation and Aerial Combat]
Of all the soldiers that fought for America, none are as loyal, as courageous, and as iron-willed as the flying ace Lieutenant Elric Palmer, who shot down many an aircraft during the first World War. In his prime, he was an aerial knight held aloft by his trusty steed, a World War I biplane SPAD S.XIII. Elric is never without his valour, a heart full of love for his country and fellowmen, and his will to lend a helping hand, no matter the cost. Without these, joining the army would never have crossed his mind. However, his bravery, love, and willingness to help are not only for the battlefield; he utilises them also in the comfort of his own home.

As a husband and father, he is a natural leader; he is brave in that he knows what to say to his two favourite women, his wife Natalya and his daughter Rosaline, and is unafraid of negativity. He isn't brought down by situations unless they're extreme or dire, and will do any and all things to make his wife and daughter smile. Unlike many men of that era, he is faithful to her, having married her without a shadow of a doubt that he'd be unhappy. His actions are fuelled by love and nothing more; and is a romantic - he is partial to surprises and words of reassurance. His willingness to help extends to the jobs expected of every man: fixing vehicles, lights, carpentry, and imbibing basic skills of leadership. Much like other men of his day and age, the kitchen, to him, is a battlefield far worse than the trenches. It's a place Natalya loves, so long as he continues to protect her. He also makes sure to be present in Rosaline's life, tutoring her in her lessons, teaching her to protect herself and make wise decisions as early as now, and loving her unconditionally. Of course, he also disciplined her in ways once acceptable then – with a spank or two in the bum, or a scold. However, he would never hurt her drastically.

His true passion, however, is found within the clouds. He is a man of the air, and believed it to be so ever since he was a child. It was what he dreamt of – to fly high and protect his motherland. He has no disdain for America's enemies be they German, Austrian, or Bulgarian. So long as one takes the nation's name in vain, they are a turnoff for him. Perhaps his annoyances come from men who do not show leadership-like qualities and the utter disregard for order. As a militant, he amalgamated his passion, respectfulness due to his position under higher authority, and his sense of being a maverick to be an excellent albeit unorthodox man.

Underneath his strong and loving exterior, however, is a man who suffers regret and fear. He cares deeply for his legs as he lost his ability to walk and regained it only recently, and is very much dependent on the powers of the A'vian procedure. Although he suffers no PTSD, he is very paranoid when his allies jokingly touch or hit his legs.

In the days of his youth, Elric lived with his head in the clouds. His mind, mostly adrift, wandered aimlessly where it should not. In spite of attending the headmistresses' countless symposiums, he heard naught but the silence only found high above the heavens. Instead of slowly walking from school back home, he stretched his two arms like that of avian wings, and 'flew' home instead. Every night, as he tucked himself to sleep, his mind soared like the pigeons that riddled New York. His passion for flight stemmed in the year 1905. At only nine years old, Elric accompanied his parents to a flight demonstration conducted by the Wright Brothers, who were business and marketing partners of theirs. It was then, at that very moment, that a spark ignited within his heart. He gazed forth towards the sky, hoping to see the bird of wood, metal, and fabric come as quickly as it passed. The roaring rattle of machinery and turbines filled his ears like music more appealing than the jazz of New Orleans. He then thanked his parents every day after that, and completed his studies, trained his body through sports and boxing, and joined the U.S. Military soon after. Sometime in between, he met a beautiful, Russian woman named Natalya.

At age seventeen, Elric attended another flight demonstration, and it was during that year that the army had purchased the Flying Brothers' designs. Much to his surprise and ecstatic joy, the esteemed pioneers of flight had begun to teach and train pilots in the art of aviation, and the greenhorn Palmer was one of them. After only one year of extensive training, Palmer was a bonafide military pilot, and a damn good one. A master of reconnaissance, he contributed to many preventions of enemy plans with intelligence contradiction and interception and, coupled with his combat training, ended many enemy lives. For God and country, the pilot excelled in his field. Elric also became one of the first Americans along with the first pilots to suggest strategic bombing and, although it was still experimental, proved to be successful. He was one of the first pilots that ushered in aviation's golden age, and participated in many historical events such as the raids by the RNAS on the German airship sheds at Düsseldorf, Cologne, and Friedrichshafen in September, October, and November of 1914. It was a huge milestone for military aviation, and Elric revelled in his role.

Unfortunately, all was lost during 1918. It was then that the Germans retook aerial superiority. By way of extreme restructuring and reorganisation, the German forces began utilising what they were always known for – strategic brilliance. For most of the year, the Spring Offensive was a battle between the Germans and the British forces, both of which fought valiantly for their banners. In the wake of this historic battle, the United States fell short in aviation. Supplied with obsolete aircrafts, the Americans attempted, mostly in vain, to fight for the Alliance. There were more casualties than normal, and many others had their lives ruined even without the mercy of death. Among the unlucky ones was Elric Palmer, whose plane was shot down. Although the man survived, he left the blood-stained battlefields as a paraplegic. He was not able to experience the Allies' victory. This, by far, is his greatest regret.

Homebound and without honour, Elric attempted to find solace in his wife Natalya and his newly-born child, Rosaline. His inability to walk made him feel utterly useless and was turned down by many employers of different albeit mundane jobs. Already feeling the effects of the Great Depression before it even started, Elric began to lose hope. The man who held boundless passion began turning into a recluse. Still, the thought of allowing his family to be victims of poverty continued to motivate him to find jobs. It was an emasculating thought, of course, for a man to be unable to provide for his family.

Lo and behold, two men of great authority approached the paraplegic lieutenant at his doorstep. Much to the pilot's surprise, his mentors in aviation invited him to join a top secret project. The Wright Brothers weren't ordinary flight engineers, but also dabbled in the existence of extraterrestrial life and technologies beyond their era. Perhaps it was their experience in the Agency, as they called it, that inspired them to make flight possible in the first place - to one day fly so high that we meet our brothers beyond the stars. Nevertheless, they have been shadowing Elric's progress in life, in the field, and in the skies. There was no doubt about it; he was who they needed to lead a group. With the promise of a monthly salary and better living conditions, Elric Palmer accepted the Wright Brothers' call to serve in the Omega Squad.

Although his lack of legs made him physically weak, he was mentally strong. Elric passed his DNA restructuring by his willpower alone, and came out of the laboratories a changed man. After the procedure, Palmer was made anew. It was miraculous, as after the experiment, Palmer's legs could twitch and feel. However, they were no longer as strong as they once were. He was still unable to walk upright, much less run, jump, and climb. In response to this, the Agency offered him special A'vi technology leg braces that allowed him to do those things effortlessly. Due to the dampening of his powers, he would still be subject to being in a wheelchair; it is uncanny for the Omega Squad to have a paraplegic leader who regains and loses his ability to walk every time his powers are unleashed and inhibited. Such is the fate of the members of the Omega Squad. Still, his family is what fills his mind.

A'vi Crystal

His A'vi Crystal is located in his watch. It's given to him by the Agency.

tumblr_n98qa7eieW1szt0d1o9_r1_500.jpg

Abilities

Tactile Telekinesis – Elric's only superpower is a telekinetic force field that surrounds his body and grants him abilities that imitates super strength, nigh physical invulnerability, and force armour generation. This telekinetic field allows Elric to lift heavy objects, as well as the ability to manipulate objects that he comes into tactile contact with, such as being able to bend otherwise unbendable objects, and shape things that are not malleable. This is done via the extension of his psionic blanket, which envelops around objects through direct touch. However, not everything he touches has to be wrapped in his telekinetic field, as he himself controls the field and thus can choose who and what to encase. When he encases his friends, loved ones, and innocent bystanders in his psionic field, they are also made nigh invulnerable and are somewhat protected.

The main disadvantage of Elric's tactile telekinetic ability is that while his field could withstand most sources of physical force (e.g. bullets, melee weapons, physical blows, etc.), the field is less effective in blocking radiant or conductive energy such as fire and laser fire. This leaves him more susceptible to energy-based attacks. Also, sufficient amounts of force from more powerful weapons, bigger and faster rounds from more effective firearms, and even large explosions, would definitely tear his telekinetic field.

Pilot and Military TrainingIn the army, Elric was one of the very first war pilots and excelled in this field. After he was recruited into the Omega Squad, the Wright Brothers tutored him in advanced aviation engineering and alien technologies while in service with the Agency. He is knowledgeable in aircraft operation and maintenance, and has piloted various aircrafts for the military. He is also an experienced soldier trained in unarmed combat and military weaponry such as small arms.

Armament

Kamen.Rider.OOO.%28character%29.full.475664.jpg

Flight Suit – Elric's suit and wing harness features detachable jet-powered glider wings made of lightweight A'vian metal and crystalline ribbing and Mylar. His crystalline wings are extremely sharp, and can be used to cut most of their era's materials or shield Elric from attacks. The uniform was made of synthetic stretch fabric lined with a A'vian metal-alloy mesh. His flight suit has a cowl that has many visions, such as x-ray, infrared, night, and ultraviolet, among others; has an internal comm-link connected to the other members of the Omega Squad and the Agency, state of the art digital camera; and even access to enemies' existing records be they medical, criminal, etc. Overall, this Flight Suit flies via jetpacks on his back and boots, as well as turbines that support aerial movement.

Unique to his visor, Elric has a special analyser for the environment. In this vision, he can outline buildings and walls, and using superior technology and the city's database, his suit can predict optimal flight plans and routes to intercept quicker than any of his teammates.

Star-Lord-Element-Gun1-580x320.jpg

Phaser – Elric's signature weapon is his phaser, which can either stun via dampened electric rounds no different from today's taser, or serve its real purpose; disintegrate, which is its basic damage-dealing mode by way of superheated plasma. Elric can fire it like a normal pistol and charge this weapon to create a more devastating attack, much like plasma pistols in the Halo franchise. When charged to its maximum, it emits a red-orange light and fires of a large plasma orb that explodes on impact. This would leave these weapons vulnerable, as it cools down before being able to be used again. Elric has two of these, housed within two holsters on his left and right. These are used for on-the-ground encounters.

Wrist-mounted Guns – He has wrist-mounted guns that rapidly fire larger plasma beams. Elric's more powerful weapons, these plasma wrist-mounted guns are used for bigger opponents such as tanks, other aircrafts, and more heavily armoured foes.

Elric's also armed with miniature homing electro-caltrops that can either explode on impact or act as tracking devices.
160px-H4-Z040PulseGrenade.png

Purple — Lev Madgidovich

ichiro_miyata_10435.jpg

[ Male | 20 | Purple | Brawler and hand to hand combat]

Growing up, Lev Madgidovich had four things: a talent in boxing, a worthless factory job, an interest in causing pain, and an undeniable sense that he was meant for greatness. His skills and interests got him quickly recognized by a major gang. Lev excelled at getting information from people and taking care of problems. The whole deal played towards his strengths, but Lev got too big for his britches. Young, arrogant, and drunk, he made a mistake. One that essentially ended his life. Knowing the gang was going to kill him, Lev signed his life over to the Agency, not seeing another option.

Lev is still trying to adapt to his life on Omega Squad.On the typical day, Lev is a laid back and kind of a jerk. He talks big about how one day he's gonna get out of the Agency, but Lev's never in open rebellion against the agency and always does what he's told. Lev never thinks about how he's going to leave the squad (not having past a 3rd grade education makes critical thinking skills and escape plans a little hard), but talks about what he's gonna accomplish when he gets out. Every couple of days it's a new get rich and famous scheme. It's really more of daydreaming that helps him cope with his life.

Even with all his talk, nothing gets Lev more excited than going on a mission. It's the days he gets to feel someone's face give away to his fist that make Lev the most happy. He has been known to take a mission a little too far to get this feeling, but he's usually a team player. While he acts aloof and sometimes tries to draw the others into a fight when he's restless, he doesn't want anything to happen to any of them.

History
Born a Russian Jew in Paradise Valley in Detroit, Lev grew up fast and tough. A son of a factory worker and a housewife, Lev lived a... how did his mom put it? Oh, a cozy life. From an early age, he would regularly pick fights with other boys in class. It started as a way to vent his frustration at his dead end life, but it's where he learned his love of the sound bone breaking. After getting sent home with a black eye, scrapes, cuts, and bruises everywhere for the millionth time, Lev's father decided enough was enough. If his son wanted to fight, he was going to do it in the boxing ring like a man.

When Lev was nine, he quit school and began working. It was boxing that kept Lev sane during the work day. Even though it started as something his father forced him to do, Lev had a talent for the sport and really enjoyed taking his anger out on either the bag or another person. While the sport kept him out of fights during the work day, it didn't stop him from getting into neighborhood scraps. The feel of a nose breaking under his punch was a pleasant way to end the day, and it was easier to do in the streets than in an official match.

As the young boxer grew up, hitting puberty and growing into a muscular man, he became a vicious opponent. It was actually getting hard for Lev to find sparing partners because, not only was he fast and had a hard punch, he also wouldn't exactly play the rules. Putting weights in his gloves and taking extra or cheep shots when he knew the refs weren't watching, Lev was more interested in scaring people into respecting than he was the sport of boxing. The look of pain, shock, and anger he'd get from his opponent when he landed an extra hit was just a small added bonus.

It was around this time that Lev was getting attention from The Purple aka Sugar House Gang. First they approached him to throw fights for them, which he gladly agreed to, but after getting a taste of easy money, he wanted more. More fights, more fun, more respect, more money. Lev, at the ripe age of eighteen, entered the Purple Gang.

Leaving the world of boxing behind, Lev happily slipped into the role of an enforcer for the gang. The best part of the Purple Gang was that they were as savage as himself. He didn't have to worry about ever going too far, as long as the job was done. Finally, he had the clothes, respect, and status he'd always deserved, so what if his parents had disowned him. Life was sweet, but it couldn't be perfect forever.

One night, after consuming more than the recommend about of hard liquor, Lev got into a confrontation with a police officer that ended up decking the officer. His mob connections didn't save Lev from spent a few nights in jail. Eventually, a "friend" bailed Lev out and told him, when they got back to Lev's house, that it would be better if he was no longer a member of the Purple Gang. Assuming that meant the end of his life, Lev knocked the man out cold with a heavy hit to the head and kept punching until he was sure the man would never get back up.

Lev knew that with the gang's connections it was unlikely that he would be able to outrun whatever justice the Purple gang decided on. He decided the justice of the state was better, walked himself to the nearest station, and confessed to the killing. He claimed it was self defense, but the scene looked different. The trial happened swiftly, and it was concluded that Lev was a murder. Because he had a record and the murder happened in a particularly gruesome manner, Lev got life in prison. Although none of that really bothered Lev. Life in prison was better than death at the hands of his old gang. The only thing that stung a little was that his parents didn't come to the trial or to visit him.

After barely a week in the prison, Lev realized that his life in prison was going to be dramatically shorter than he had assumed. On the lot during recreation time, Lev was stabbed with a shiv. Luckily for him, Lev's reflects were good enough to cause the blade to glancing his neck. The weapon embedded itself into his shoulder, but the man's hands went for Lev's through. The guards reacted quickly, pulling the man off of Lev before he was strangled to death. The man was yelling something about the Purple Gang. Lev was rushed to what equated to hospital wing of the prison and incompetently patched up.

A few days later, Lev was lying in that same bed, still fighting off an infection in his wound when he received his first visitor. Lev was tired and not in the mood for the double talk the visitor was giving him. He demanded rather brashly for a simplified explanation. The visitor told him simply if he signed a piece of paper, the government would make it seem like Lev died from his infection and give him a new life. If it would get the Purple Gang off his back, Lev was willing to do anything. He signed the papers not really knowing or caring what he got himself into.

The newly dead man was transported under cover of night out of the prison and taken to the research facility where he spent hellish days undergoing the transformation. The pain of the changes and frustration at himself for agreeing to this almost overtook him, but Lev had something deep down that kept him going. A belief that he was meant for something more. There was an amazing life ahead of him that he deserved, so he fought to get to it.

After surviving the trials, Lev found himself stuck on this team. Omega Squad they call them. It's alright as far as things go. The powers are amazing, but Lev could do without the whole... having his life held hostage by the government and being bossed around by an over grown boy scout... thing. Also, the whole making his uniform purple was a low blow on their part, but... you know.... at least the missions are fun.

ed9e234fe078a0bc828bbd92e39ec1cd.jpg
With the white portions being purple instead, and the helmet having a full black tinted faceplate where the gap it.

A'vi Crystal
The one thing that Lev had on him when he was brought to the prison was a patch. It was a circle with a radius of about one and a half inches. Hand sewn onto it was the Star of David. His mother made it for him back in his early boxing days. He had always promised himself that he was going to have it stitched into his shorts if he could beat Benny Leonard. Wearing it would have proven that he was the best jewish boxer in the world. While Lev abandoned that dream for more immediate money and status, he could never let that piece of cloth go. Somehow it was became his crystal, not that he really understands any of that stuff anyway.

Abilities
Lev gained increased processing of his brain in regards to his vision. Normally, this means that Lev has an eidetic (photographic) memory. If he's seen something, he remembers it. If he's been somewhere, he remembers how to get back. Although, just because he's seen something doesn't mean that he can recreate it or understands it. For example, if Lev saw the face of someone, he'd be able to recall the image, but that doesn't mean he'd be able to draw it. His art skills never quite got past stick figures.

There is a secondary advantage of his increased processing that Lev can use in a fight. By diverting his long term memory to short term, Lev can study the motions of his opponents and 95% accurately guess what he/she is about to do next based on the muscles that are being use. Lev's accuracy does go down if his opponent is obscuring the muscle movement with a cap or very billowy clothes. Also his prediction is limited to only a few seconds of forewarning. It's enough to counter a move in a hand to hand combat situation, but not enough to stop a bullet from hitting someone unless they were literally right next to him and he could push/pull them fast enough to get out of the way. When he's using this power, what Lev sees does not go into long term memory, so when he thinks about that time later, he remembers it as if he was blind.

Armament
Suit- By nature of being in hand to hand combat, Lev's suit needs to be built of a little tougher stuff than the average suit. There is significantly more padding in this suit to help it absorb bludgeoning damages. Over the core of the suit, the fibers it is made from is resistant to piercing damage, especially from projectiles.

Gauntlets- Made using the Av'i technology, the gauntlets are more than just a buffer to keep bones from breaking, a shield from slicing weapons, and something that can insulate his hands from intense heat. They have the following modifications:
  • A quick 180 degree rotation of the forearm will cause small chambers near the edge of the gauntlets to close. The chambers, full of air, will use thermal power from the Avi'i Crystal to heat the air. The air can be quickly vented to the atmosphere by clenching one's fist. When throwing a punch, releasing the air near the end of the punch increases the velocity of the punch right before impact. With a quick jump in velocity, the momentum of the punch is increased. The increased momentum allows the user to make a fist sized hole in an intact brick wall. It takes about two minutes from when the forearm is rotated for the pressure in the chambers to be at a usable level. After two minutes have passed, the user has thirty minutes to vent the pressure before the gauntlet's chambers are at risk of exploding and the system backfiring. It is not a technique that can be used very often or without thinking.
  • The gauntlets come with, on the inside of the palm, four small (an inch by a fourth of an inch) plates of a high resistance metal (similar to Nichrome). Preforming a motion similar to cracking one's knuckles inside the palm of the opposite hand, one plate can be installed on the proximal phalanx of each finger. Once installed, the material completes a small circuit. The metal begins to heat up from the electricity being circulated. The heat energy accumulates slowly and caps out at about 200 C. To turn off this setting, the metal plates need to be clicked out of the circuit into the palm of the hand that they originated.
  • The modification turns punches into an electrical stun attack. Enough to incapacitate whoever he is fighting and that is it. This last setting can be turned on with a vocal command either by Lev or a pre-programmed member of the Agency* (I'm assuming Elric Palmer at this point, but not sure if that would make 100% sense). If it is triggered by an externally, there is one punch with the stun effect left until the gloves revert to setting one and stay in that setting for the next 30 minutes.

* I'm putting this stipulation into the design because I've developed Lev to be a slight sadist, and while I understand they have the frequency that can be sent by the agency, this is a much easier way to reign him in if he's about to kill a target they need alive or if he's trying to fight with another member of the squad. It full stop whatever dumb thing he was about to do and still leaves him up for action.

[/hr]
Green — Kana Toromi
[ Female | 24 | Green | Stealth ]

k0cKJJV.jpg

Name: Kana Toromi
Alias: None, yet
Personality:
Logical and calculating, but acts kindly to people unless they piss her off. When pissed off she doesn't explode, but rather gives snide remarks about whatever she's upset about. She tends to research or think before she says anything, not liking plans that haven't been thought out very well. She has trouble following orders that she sees as "wrong" or "not optimal" but will follow without question if she believes the orders rational or correct. Brashness irritates her, as does unfounded confidence.

She is not a fan of unnecessary combat and will avoid it if possible. However, she has no qualms about it and will fight if she perceives it to be the most sensible option. She enjoys gaining information, but is hesitant to share it unless it benefits her. Though she's somewhat easy to approach due to her usual kindness, it's hard to get close to her since she hates sharing information unnecessarily.

She enjoys keeping up on her training. It reminds her of her parents, which is a gap she needs to fill since she never got the reason they disappeared so suddenly. She's not a fan of firearms, preferring melee or more traditional weaponry for the most part. As a result she's not exactly a crackshot, but has quite a good aim when throwing things.​

History:
Kana Toromi was the only child of a long line of ninja. Thanks to the Meiji Restoration, her family was able to obtain a steady income with the sudden fascination with ninja, publicly instructing students in the ways of taijutsu. Assassinations and subterfuge were not things customers were interested in. Naturally, Kana was trained as well, her family refusing to let the tradition die. Instead of teaching her what they did for their customers, they taught her what they'd traditionally passed down for the last few centuries. As soon as she was reasonably capable of learning, she was instructed in the ways of her family shinobi. She became a master of subterfuge, mastering assassination, stealth, and distraction techniques.

However, the Toromi's didn't want their daughter to have be like them, just waiting until the youth were fascinated with ninja. The boom may or may not last, after all. The training was rough, and real ninja were nothing like the fantasies they held in their heads. Besides, the Toromi's eventually wished another path for their daughter. It was time to move on. Time to get a new life. When Kana was 16, the Toromi family moved to North America using the little money they had. They gave up their school and tried to get a better life for their daughter in America, the land of opportunity. There was no future for proper ninja. But it didn't work out. Though they were lucky enough to make it to America, they weren't lucky enough to make a living there. Mere weeks after moving in, Kana's parents went missing. They didn't turn up in any news. It was as if they had just vanished off the face of the planet.

She had learned English beforehand, but was only proficient. She was kicked out of her home and tried to make a living on the streets. Her training served her well, stealing what she needed and being capable of defending herself. Pick-pocketing was simple. A 16 year old girl wasn't typically who people expected to be robbing them. She acted like a clumsy teenage girl, distracting them as she would slip out their wallets, or whatever they had on them. She took items from stores with open goods as well. With customers distracting employees, it wasn't a difficult task. A year or two went by, with her just making it by through her thefts. One night, however, she got caught. As she slipped out a wallet, the man felt it leave, catching her hand. The man attempted to attack her, trying to retrieve his wallet from the thief. She fought back, refusing to go to jail. Eventually she won, but had killed him in the process using a rock she picked up in the alleyway. Still in shock, she just left the body there, running away from the scene of the crime.

Fortunately for her, some people had been watching. The body was cleaned up, leaving no evidence of any happenings. They'd been interested in how a kid like her could survive by herself and, over time, had found out. Though they were impressed by her solo robberies, this was the first time they'd seen her have to fight. She was fairly capable, for a teenager at least. The next day, she was approached by this small gang. They had been wanting to expand, and needed some new members to help. They'd witnessed her skills enough, and decided to immediately test her. She was to assist in a major theft. They were going to rob a bank. She was somewhat surprised by the scale of it, but managed to keep her composure. Initially, her sub-average English made it hard to talk with her, but through body language and drawings she was able to communicate her plan. Her skills made the heist successful, the gang leaving with a hefty bounty and no casualties. She became one of their top planners, drawing out major robberies time and time again.

Her ability to sneak around and go unnoticed, or help others go unnoticed, made her a valuable asset as well. Later, she was invited to join a high-level meeting. A rival gang had been getting out of hand, making their way into their territory. They needed a way to get those punks off their area. After a bit of discussion, Kana stood up. She volunteered to kill off a gang leader. All they had to do was tell her who to kill and give her the necessary information and it would be done. Though a few were skeptical, those who'd observed her vouched for her ability to go unnoticed. Arming her with a knife, she was sent off. She sneaked in to the boss's house, silenced him and his whole family, and disappeared without a trace, incinerating all the tools she'd used in committing the crime. The next morning, the news of the family's death had made the news, with no suspects. The girl was praised by the gang, earning her a position as an assassin among them as well as planner.

She performed many, many assassinations, murdering rival drug dealers, people who had dirt on her gang, and others infringing on the gang's rule of the town. They'd made it big and essentially took control of the whole town. Her reputation ended up becoming a weapon itself, her gang being able to threaten just about anyone with impending death. Extortion was made easy, and combined with the heists she created the gang was filthy rich. They ruled the town and had made quite the name for themselves. There was no contest against them in the whole town.

Unfortunately, this came with the cost of gang members being high-priority targets themselves. Any member of their gang would be captured and interrogated about it, hoping to capture the leaders of the gang. Kana had made her way to a high position in the gang, though not quite a leader in any capacity. However, she was high up enough that, after some information on her was spilled, the police decided to take action. They caught her group, the leader barely managing to escape while the police was busy with the rest of the gang. Despite her skill in stealth, without time to prepare and caught by surprise, she was caught as well. Like any other criminal, Kana was read her rights before promptly being put in jail.

She was 24 when she was caught. She admitted to her crimes and was set to waste away in jail for a while. But someone was impressed by her skill. Her tactics were novel and she was quite good at sneaking around. Messing up security systems, assassinating enemy gangs or authorities in pursuit, and creating distractions all contributed to the gang's success, and someone figured these skills could be put to better use. Though sneaking around and such often come with negative connotations, it is still an invaluable skill that can be used for good as well. She was offered a chance to become a weapon. Nobody would miss her, she was an orphaned, foreign, homeless child. She was skeptical at first, but accepted, seeing no better options. She didn't want to lead the gang life forever nor just stay in jail.

And so, she joined the Omega Squad.​

93a526b6a88d8b41621d05d25a4071e0_large.png

Green instead of blue and black to replace red. And probably tone down the futuristic look of it. Less metallic.​

A'vi Crystal: A green hair tie

Abilities:
Telekinesis - What better way to do your job stealthily than in ways nobody else can see? She can use her mind to manipulate things. Pull, push, compress, grab, as long as she's manipulating some material she can do it. However, she cannot manipulate what isn't there, so no blasts of telekinetic energy or what have you. She has a range of about 100 meters. The farther something is, the weaker her control of it is. For example, if it is at her full 100 meter range she can only pull, push, or grab it. But if it is closer, she could compress and crush it. Even "slicing" actions are doable at closer distances by ripping apart what she's manipulating. She can use this telekinesis on herself since she is a thing as well. It is most commonly used to soften her landings and make them practically inaudible or cling to walls or ceilings.

Armament:
Wakizashi and Sai - The wakizashi is empowered with plasma to slice through practically anything. The Sai is more of a freezing blow, freezing what it stabs or swings through by draining heat from where it makes contact. This can be used to cut a hole in a wall and then immediately freeze it back in place with the Sai once she's made it inside. This isn't particularly for stealth, but more of a tactic to attempt to keep people out of a place. For example, if she and her team were to be pursued, she could cut a hole, jump through with the team, and then freeze it over, blocking the hole with a sheet of ice instead. It has little to no usage for stealth aside from last minute getaways, but is a nice tactic for team mobility while blocking pursuers. Also, they're just nice weapons.

In addition, she has a cloaking device that renders her invisible, but still audible, tangible, etc.

She is also equipped with zooming sights for scouting. These can use thermal and X-ray vision as well.​
Yellow — (reserved)
Coming soon.
Blue — Open
Coming soon.
Standby — Anya Jane Kallahan

tumblr_mfhbl11xc81rhtm94o2_500.gif

ANYA JANE KALLAHAN || 28 || FEMALE || PYROTECHNICS (I.E. explosives)
One thing you'll learn about Anya is that she doesn't like to wait. She's impatient about her work, and she doesn't like to waste time thinking about things. She's driven and almost a little bit materialistic, fully believing that money is the one-way ticket to power. Or having the weapons to take it. She's snarky, bitchy, and downright rude half the time, and the other half of the time she's probably so pissed off she refuses to speak to you. Yes, she'll give you the silent treatment. While she won't ever admit it, she's also the kind of person that will come in at the last second to save your ass. She'll probably cuss you out for getting yourself into trouble in the first place, but she'll still do it. She secretly cares about people, especially those that she trusts. Everyone else can jump off a damn cliff. She doesn't show fear when faced with danger. Someone could point a gun at her head, and she probably wouldn't seem to care.
When it comes to talking about herself, that's just something Anya doesn't do. She prefers to leave her past in the past, and no one is going to make her say anything different. When it comes to romantics, Anya doesn't really understand it. She considers herself aromantic pansexual. She'll have sex with just about anybody, but she'll probably never feel romantic about anyone. In other news, she tends to call people "love" or "darling" for some reason.
domino.gif

Anya grew up in a simple American family located in Detroit, Michigan. Her parents loved her, and she was an only child. Life was alright. It was better than some others. However, at age six, her mother passed away. Her father, who had only ever truly loved her mother, completely neglected her. When he wasn't working long hours in a factory, he was drinking. It was when she was just six years old that she was forced to work herself. She posed as a boy, figuring that maybe people wouldn't bother her as much. After all, no one seemed to bother daddy as much as they had mommy. She was put to work in a factory, and she worked long hours until her muscles gave out--then she worked some more. She took up smoking from a young age and has been addicted to it ever since. As she got older, it became more and more difficult to conceal her true identity as a female. She ditched her home, living on the streets and easily making her way by stealing and pickpocketing.

Around age 13, she started getting mixed up in the wrong crowds. Well, there weren't many "right" crowds on the streets, were there? But this particular crowd was a gang in its earlier years that would soon become one of the most powerful gangs in Detroit. She worked as their informant at first, but they quickly began to abuse her in order to make her into a prostitute (so they could have some extra cash to spend). She tried to run away, but she failed every time. As she progressed further into her teens, Anya tried to think of ways to escape, and she soon decided just to burn the gang's warehouse down if she could. She succeeded, killing several people and escaping back onto the streets. She resorted back to stealing and pickpocketing, of course, but she wanted something more. She wanted revenge, just as the remaining members of the gang wanted revenge on her. Of course, it was one girl in the 1920s against a gang that had risen to power. How was she to do it?

Burn them to the ground, of course. She started small, burning some of their other warehouses full of drugs and contraband. When she was 19, she finally managed to make herself a pipe bomb. She blew up their main facility full of weapons, and she managed to kill their "leader" of sorts. With the gang now broken down, she felt rather satisfied and went back to her daily life of pickpocketing and stealing. The news of her accomplishment spread like wildfire, and one man in particular thought he could use her skill in demolitions for a plan of his.

At around age 20, this man approached her offering money. All she had to do was blow a hole into a bank; his people would take care of the rest. She accepted. The job was successful, and they paid her handsomely. Well, it seemed handsome to her. In reality, they only paid her small percentage of the cut, but it was more than she had ever seen in her life. It soon became a regular ordeal, and she picked up tricks that caused her to be very skilled in the use of pyrotechnics. When she was 25, the gang slipped up, and she was their scapegoat. They tricked her, giving her a false rendezvous point where the police were just waiting for her. She was arrested immediately for arson, second-degree murder, theft, and other charges. She was put away with no chance of ever seeing the outside world again...until the Agency approached her. They gave her the chance for freedom, and she seized it--even with the high chance of dying through the process. She succeeded in surviving the entire ordeal and was assigned as the newest member of the Omega Squad.

A'VI CRYSTAL
bluering.png

A blue ring that she wears on her left ring finger (they made it an inside joke since she would never in a million years marry someone). If she could take the damn thing off, she would.

SUIT
be1c0285af53707291aca1ab8e5871ad.jpg

(If I need to change the suit, just let me know. I'll be happy to oblige.)

ABILITIES
You guessed it: pyrokinesis. She can create and manipulate fire with ease, but that is her only ability related to the DNA. Aside from her love of all things explosive, she has what some might call a "fiery temper." Her personality itself is rather predictable for someone who can control fire.
General Pyrotechnics: Anya knows everything there is to know about bombs, missiles, and combustive substances. She knows how to create a bomb with pretty much anything you can find on the streets.

ARMAMENT
futuristic_hand_grenade_by_tdk_3d.jpg

The suit itself is made for a pyrotechnics master like herself. It is outfitted with grenades (pictured above), delayed timer bombs, and similar weapons. Her favorite one she calls the Firecracker. It explodes like a firework, dealing substantial damage while showing off wonderful colors.
On her left hand, she can shoot out oil or a similar combustive substance and subsequently use her ability to light the substance on fire. In addition, she also has a compartment filled with gunpowder. Just in case she needs to do a little improvising.
She's also been trusted with a small laser pistol and plama blade, although she much prefers just blowing stuff up from the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that suit is just a little "too" much. Regardless of what it was inspired by, I don't feel it meets the tone of what I'm looking for. The other issue is that the face isn't easily recognizable. While there can be some variations, I somewhat want the helmets to stay more humanoid and possibly be the core matching feature. As a matter of fact, if the helmet were to have been a more regular, sleek aesthetic, I likely would have told you to explain to me his niche in the group and his abilities before I said "no", but I just don't see that aesthetic fitting the theme that this roleplay is trying to achieve.

Reactions: Kaykay
Is this role-play open to all? If so, reserve me a spot, yo.

It's still open. In fact, there will eventually be people from the original Interest Check following-up, hopefully. If all goes well, I might make out two different Omega Squads for... reasons.

As for who gets what spot and who gets in, it's all a game of impressing me.

I'm going out right now, so I haven't thoroughly read the details, but I'm calling dibs on this suit:

Kamen.Rider.OOO.%28character%29.full.475664.jpg

As for my IC in Search for the Six (I edited out the Hell part because it was too cluttered), I'm still going to work on it sometime this week, as I've been busy.

[ Female | 24 | Green | Stealth ]

k0cKJJV.jpg

Name: Kana Toromi
Alias: None, yet
Personality:
Logical and calculating, but acts kindly to people unless they piss her off. When pissed off she doesn't explode, but rather gives snide remarks about whatever she's upset about. She tends to research or think before she says anything, not liking plans that haven't been thought out very well. She has trouble following orders that she sees as "wrong" or "not optimal" but will follow without question if she believes the orders rational or correct. Brashness irritates her, as does unfounded confidence.

She is not a fan of unnecessary combat and will avoid it if possible. However, she has no qualms about it and will fight if she perceives it to be the most sensible option. She enjoys gaining information, but is hesitant to share it unless it benefits her. Though she's somewhat easy to approach due to her usual kindness, it's hard to get close to her since she hates sharing information unnecessarily.

She enjoys keeping up on her training. It reminds her of her parents, which is a gap she needs to fill since she never got the reason they disappeared so suddenly. She's not a fan of firearms, preferring melee or more traditional weaponry for the most part. As a result she's not exactly a crackshot, but has quite a good aim when throwing things.​

History:
Kana Toromi was the only child of a long line of ninja. Thanks to the Meiji Restoration, her family was able to obtain a steady income with the sudden fascination with ninja, publicly instructing students in the ways of taijutsu. Assassinations and subterfuge were not things customers were interested in. Naturally, Kana was trained as well, her family refusing to let the tradition die. Instead of teaching her what they did for their customers, they taught her what they'd traditionally passed down for the last few centuries. As soon as she was reasonably capable of learning, she was instructed in the ways of her family shinobi. She became a master of subterfuge, mastering assassination, stealth, and distraction techniques.

However, the Toromi's didn't want their daughter to have be like them, just waiting until the youth were fascinated with ninja. The boom may or may not last, after all. The training was rough, and real ninja were nothing like the fantasies they held in their heads. Besides, the Toromi's eventually wished another path for their daughter. It was time to move on. Time to get a new life. When Kana was 16, the Toromi family moved to North America using the little money they had. They gave up their school and tried to get a better life for their daughter in America, the land of opportunity. There was no future for proper ninja. But it didn't work out. Though they were lucky enough to make it to America, they weren't lucky enough to make a living there. Mere weeks after moving in, Kana's parents went missing. They didn't turn up in any news. It was as if they had just vanished off the face of the planet.

She had learned English beforehand, but was only proficient. She was kicked out of her home and tried to make a living on the streets. Her training served her well, stealing what she needed and being capable of defending herself. Pick-pocketing was simple. A 16 year old girl wasn't typically who people expected to be robbing them. She acted like a clumsy teenage girl, distracting them as she would slip out their wallets, or whatever they had on them. She took items from stores with open goods as well. With customers distracting employees, it wasn't a difficult task. A year or two went by, with her just making it by through her thefts. One night, however, she got caught. As she slipped out a wallet, the man felt it leave, catching her hand. The man attempted to attack her, trying to retrieve his wallet from the thief. She fought back, refusing to go to jail. Eventually she won, but had killed him in the process using a rock she picked up in the alleyway. Still in shock, she just left the body there, running away from the scene of the crime.

Fortunately for her, some people had been watching. The body was cleaned up, leaving no evidence of any happenings. They'd been interested in how a kid like her could survive by herself and, over time, had found out. Though they were impressed by her solo robberies, this was the first time they'd seen her have to fight. She was fairly capable, for a teenager at least. The next day, she was approached by this small gang. They had been wanting to expand, and needed some new members to help. They'd witnessed her skills enough, and decided to immediately test her. She was to assist in a major theft. They were going to rob a bank. She was somewhat surprised by the scale of it, but managed to keep her composure. Initially, her sub-average English made it hard to talk with her, but through body language and drawings she was able to communicate her plan. Her skills made the heist successful, the gang leaving with a hefty bounty and no casualties. She became one of their top planners, drawing out major robberies time and time again.

Her ability to sneak around and go unnoticed, or help others go unnoticed, made her a valuable asset as well. Later, she was invited to join a high-level meeting. A rival gang had been getting out of hand, making their way into their territory. They needed a way to get those punks off their area. After a bit of discussion, Kana stood up. She volunteered to kill off a gang leader. All they had to do was tell her who to kill and give her the necessary information and it would be done. Though a few were skeptical, those who'd observed her vouched for her ability to go unnoticed. Arming her with a knife, she was sent off. She sneaked in to the boss's house, silenced him and his whole family, and disappeared without a trace, incinerating all the tools she'd used in committing the crime. The next morning, the news of the family's death had made the news, with no suspects. The girl was praised by the gang, earning her a position as an assassin among them as well as planner.

She performed many, many assassinations, murdering rival drug dealers, people who had dirt on her gang, and others infringing on the gang's rule of the town. They'd made it big and essentially took control of the whole town. Her reputation ended up becoming a weapon itself, her gang being able to threaten just about anyone with impending death. Extortion was made easy, and combined with the heists she created the gang was filthy rich. They ruled the town and had made quite the name for themselves. There was no contest against them in the whole town.

Unfortunately, this came with the cost of gang members being high-priority targets themselves. Any member of their gang would be captured and interrogated about it, hoping to capture the leaders of the gang. Kana had made her way to a high position in the gang, though not quite a leader in any capacity. However, she was high up enough that, after some information on her was spilled, the police decided to take action. They caught her group, the leader barely managing to escape while the police was busy with the rest of the gang. Despite her skill in stealth, without time to prepare and caught by surprise, she was caught as well. Like any other criminal, Kana was read her rights before promptly being put in jail.

She was 24 when she was caught. She admitted to her crimes and was set to waste away in jail for a while. But someone was impressed by her skill. Her tactics were novel and she was quite good at sneaking around. Messing up security systems, assassinating enemy gangs or authorities in pursuit, and creating distractions all contributed to the gang's success, and someone figured these skills could be put to better use. Though sneaking around and such often come with negative connotations, it is still an invaluable skill that can be used for good as well. She was offered a chance to become a weapon. Nobody would miss her, she was an orphaned, foreign, homeless child. She was skeptical at first, but accepted, seeing no better options. She didn't want to lead the gang life forever nor just stay in jail.

And so, she joined the Omega Squad.​

93a526b6a88d8b41621d05d25a4071e0_large.png

Green instead of blue and black to replace red. And probably tone down the futuristic look of it. Less metallic.​

A'vi Crystal: A green hair tie

Abilities:
Telekinesis - What better way to do your job stealthily than in ways nobody else can see? She can use her mind to manipulate things. Pull, push, compress, grab, as long as she's manipulating some material she can do it. However, she cannot manipulate what isn't there, so no blasts of telekinetic energy or what have you. She has a range of about 100 meters. The farther something is, the weaker her control of it is. For example, if it is at her full 100 meter range she can only pull, push, or grab it. But if it is closer, she could compress and crush it. Even "slicing" actions are doable at closer distances by ripping apart what she's manipulating. She can use this telekinesis on herself since she is a thing as well. It is most commonly used to soften her landings and make them practically inaudible or cling to walls or ceilings.

Armament:
Wakizashi and Sai - The wakizashi is empowered with plasma to slice through practically anything. The Sai is more of a freezing blow, freezing what it stabs or swings through by draining heat from where it makes contact. This can be used to cut a hole in a wall and then immediately freeze it back in place with the Sai once she's made it inside. This isn't particularly for stealth, but more of a tactic to attempt to keep people out of a place. For example, if she and her team were to be pursued, she could cut a hole, jump through with the team, and then freeze it over, blocking the hole with a sheet of ice instead. It has little to no usage for stealth aside from last minute getaways, but is a nice tactic for team mobility while blocking pursuers. Also, they're just nice weapons.

In addition, she has a cloaking device that renders her invisible, but still audible, tangible, etc.

She is also equipped with zooming sights for scouting. These can use thermal and X-ray vision as well.
[/hr]

Last edited:
how about this suit. i am guessing its also a no but befor i go searching for more pics i just wanna test this one.
009621be8770295d5569cd722e832cda.jpg
and this one
25514700ec8e3e20c86b1c77136f6569.jpg

The bottom one is closer, but I think you're vastly overlooking the Tokusatsu roots here.

@Damien Kriez That suit is still a bit iffy to me, but it might be slotted in. It would really, really need to be reinforced by a character theme.

Oooh, this is awesome. I call dibs on the pink, tab 9 suit.

I think the tab 9 suit is kickass, too. I was secretly hoping someone used it. Plus, the idea of an archer in the 1920's seems incredibly viable.

I just Googled Kamen Rider and was brought to that beauty. I was hoping to be the 'Flying Guy' like Falcon on the Avengers. Plays on the bird theme pretty well.

Hand-to-hand combat is also acceptable. Fist weapons, a specialized suit, etc. are all options. More utility is entirely acceptable as well.

Flight, airforce, aviation in World War I, red suit...

Piece these things together in the right way, and it might work.

I think the tab 9 suit is kickass, too. I was secretly hoping someone used it. Plus, the idea of an archer in the 1920's seems incredibly viable.
So, can I stay with it? I'll post the CS asap. I'm still at school lol

Make sure it is of quality. Just because you have dibs to it now doesn't mean you won't still have to impress me. I highly value character themes, so impressing me should still be essentially everyone's goal. But, yes, essentially take it and run. First call, first serve in this case.

hey i just re-read the suit options and i would prefer to be a heavy gunner. i think i know of a couple good suits for it.

Alright, that's fine. Just do try to keep in mind that I'm looking for a more human helmet style, although some alterations are acceptable, and that while you can have bulkier armor, keeping it thematically close would be preferred. If you have bulky armor, you won't be nearly as agile or nimble, either.

If you can't find a perfect image, use the closest one to it and add an appearance description in where you might fit it.

PM me a character description tomorrow, and I'll try to help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.