V E R T I G O ҉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see if I can find some more players first :) Playing two travelers might become difficult!

[MENTION=13]Sakura[/MENTION] how long do you want the history to be?

*might be going overboard in the opening flashback* o__o I haven't written this much in a while...

So a couple questions.

1. Do Calligenian's post prolouges? And if so do we die?

2. Can our character have already time travelled? ( Say Kay had already been travelling for a long time and had been in the Medieval world for a few years? )

If it'd be alright, I'd like to reserve the sash~

If its already been taken, the bracelet. Clearly I'm interested in this RP. Haha.

I'll get the C.Sheet out soon. :3

EDIT; Just finished. I can alter it if the sash is someone elses.

Time Traveler
Cyn
Mariones, the Sash
Why am I unhappy with my life? : "I've always been alone. There was no mother to teach me how to be a lady, I did it myself. There was no father to tell me I was beautiful. (Something I've been having a hard time convincing myself.) And the fact that I only have one friend, it being a little ragdoll, just proves my isolated life. The only form of escape I have is dancing. And even now, that's been taken away from me. My lack of financial support has managed to get me kicked out of my own college, and now I pretty much have nothing.​
Full Name: Cynthia Moore
Birthdate: May 28 1995
Personality: Cynthia is a very..depressed girl. Her lack of a family has left her insecure in herself and quiet. A true shame seeing as her smile would be able to reflect itself on the person she was talking to. Cynthia can be very protective however, about things she happens to care about showed with her doll.
General History: Cynthia as a mere infant was left by her parents on the front step of a dirty and grimey orphanage deep within the crime riddled-parts of the city. She grew up isolated by the other kids because of her shiny golden locks, something that was noticed in the middle of the "ghetto" often. After she reached the age of fourteen she was kicked out, and thrown into a city she had yet to explore (as she was locked up in the orphanage the majority of the time). It was then did she see a lady dancing gracefully on the street for money, she was fascinated by how the lady twirled and twisted with such grace and elegance and decided she would become a dancer. She started to work at fastfood places while practicing dancing during her free time until she could afford a shabby college with a course centering dancing. It worked out for two years or so until Cynthia had been kicked out for not being able to fund herself. And now she sleeps at any homeless shelter she can find.​
Childhood Trauma: Cynthia never thinks about it, or mentions it. But one of the more..ehem, nasty caretakers at her orphanage, had slipped into her bed during the middle of the night one time and proceeded to molest her. Cynthia keeps it buried in her mind though.​
Interests: Dancing, Cooking (She worked at a share of restraunts as well.)​
Stress Factors: Cynthia is living on the streets and watching her dreams of dancing slip from her grasps.​
Talents: order of most accomplished:​
(1) Dancing​
(2) Cooking​
(3) Gymnastics (Flexibility)​
Weaknesses:
(1) Insecurity​
(2) Men (traumatized.)​
(3) People in general.​
Powers: Mind Control/Puppet​
Dreams for the future: To become a world class dancer/help other under-privileged girls reach their dreams.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Sakura
[MENTION=13]Sakura[/MENTION] how long do you want the history to be?
Doesn't have to be very long :) just some insight into your character's life and moments before death.

So a couple questions.

1. Do Calligenian's post prolouges? And if so do we die?

2. Can our character have already time travelled? ( Say Kay had already been travelling for a long time and had been in the Medieval world for a few years? )

1- Caligenians aren't like humans where they've lost their human life and died to become time travelers. Instead, they are a different life form cursed to achieve that power through sacrifice. If you're interested in a prologue post, you can detail the moments before and after your sacrifice :)

2- yes, I saw that in your profile and it was okay! Since a Caligenian does not depend on finding a piece of aetus to be a time traveler, it makes sense that they might already be traveling.

Hope I answered your questions there!

---
If it'd be alright, I'd like to reserve the sash~

If its already been taken, the bracelet. Clearly I'm interested in this RP. Haha.

I'll get the C.Sheet out soon. :3

EDIT; Just finished. I can alter it if the sash is someone [/quote

The sash is yours :) welcome to vertigo! Glad to hear you're interested!

Rufya! Wooh, this is going to be awesome!

Reactions: Rufiya and Sakura
OK is it ok now I am not sure and if the history is bad I real have no idea what to put in a history. just to point out.

Read some of the other histories

ok i will see thoughs mostly just your i just real dont know what to put in histroy

It looks like what this is missing is a real supervillain, a proper true evil Caligenian who's full of plots and plans and evil stuff! How old can they be, considering that they may have been time travelers for a long time? Are they immortal, as they aren't human, the way a traveler might be immortal as they're already dead? Could I be an ancient Caligenian, not one of the first wizards as that would probably be overpowered but perhaps a relatively close descendant, someone who still remembered the first wizards or the like?

ok i will see thoughs mostly just your i just real dont know what to put in histroy

Don't worry about it too much. I know you're busy this weekend, so I'll send you a PM later to help you out with history parts! :)

It looks like what this is missing is a real supervillain, a proper true evil Caligenian who's full of plots and plans and evil stuff! How old can they be, considering that they may have been time travelers for a long time? Are they immortal, as they aren't human, the way a traveler might be immortal as they're already dead? Could I be an ancient Caligenian, not one of the first wizards as that would probably be overpowered but perhaps a relatively close descendant, someone who still remembered the first wizards or the like?

I agree! We're lacking serious baddie power :c !
Ah! That's a good point! They're not immortal, persay, because they'll live the span of ages. Let's say they live until they are old as humans do, 100, etc.
But their age passes during their original timeline and not the ones they are travelling.

However! I wouldn't mind if you made a special Caligenian. They could be one of the first, who were originally cursed and part of the original curse, we can assume, which wore off over the ages, was immortality? How do you like that?

thanks Sakura your the bast person in the world next to my mother.

• Love
I would assume they are pretty much immortal since they can travel threw time and command it then time wouldn't have an effect on them. I would say the only way they could die is by being killed or stricken down with disease.

Honestly I only say this because I was thinking about what you said about them living to be like 100 but it doesn't really mater if they can go anywhere in time... age would be a N/A factor I would think.

• Thank You
Hmmm. Thanks for telling me your concerns! Here's what I think!

Being immortal poses a risk towards how they can die. I think making the average Caligenian immortal would overpower them.

Rather, I would prefer something like this:

Say a Caligenian is born in 1994. That person, in the current 2013 would be 19 years old. They are free to travel the past, but traveling through time does not affect their age, time passing from their birth does. For example, even if that person travels to B.C, they will not grow older. But if the current timeline proceeds to say, 2023, they will gain 10 years and become 29 years old. So they age as humans.

Right, that makes sense. I would agree that the originals might have immortality as part of their curse, except that would imply that all the originals are still alive, which would be some major dangerous shiz. I mean, what hope would the heroes have against a cadre of immortal time travelers who'd been doing what they do for centuries, if not millennia? I'm thinking most if not all of them should be dead, but unless there have been many of the travelers throughout time to defeat them it wouldn't make sense for them to have been killed by anyone. I am thinking of his personal curse, however... I have an idea for how one of the older ones might be able to have near immortality. I like the idea of one powerful one sitting behind the scenes, unbeknownst to most of the new Caligenians, plotting and planning and building his forces and just waiting for the travellers to show up >:D Oooh I'm getting so many ideas. Lemme pop out a sheet and see what you think :p

Ok, just so I can wrap my head around it because I'm one of those people who looks into things and has to figure out how it works. I'm just going to make it work in my head with this.

Ok, so its not a mater of current time, or a time line. Its personal time. Since the time line is broken and their is no law of time concerning the Caligenians saying they get ten years from 2013 gets to 2023 wouldn't work per say because they are no longer from that time. However personal time, the only law of time that still applies to these time travelers, would be on the scale of how long they spend at places. Such as they spend 1 year in year 2020 then they spend one year in 1002 then they are 2 years ahead. Its personal time not current time. Correct?

Ok, since what I said before doesn't really make sense I'm going to explain it. Current time is the time they are currently residing in. Right now we are 2013. Personal time would be a new law for time travelers that is only a theory. Its based on how much time has passed for that one person by adding up the years, months, weeks, days, minutes, seconds, milliseconds, ext. and putting that towards a persons age. You see if time travel existed then time itself would be broken, one spot in age would be parallel to another their for one can go by in a second while the other takes a week because time interaction would be different in different spots resulting in a laps in the time line and creating a dysfunctional 'current' setting. Blah blah blah, I think you get it without me needing to go further into the theory.

Ok, so yeah, makes sense now for anyone who is like me and has to know how it would work =P... also I started every paragraph with Ok, xD

--------------

Anyways, for the sickness and immortality thing. Don't forget they don't only have to be killed, they could get a sickness. Sure they could got to a time where the sickness could be cured but some diseases went extinct, like the black plague, and their for never had a cure. Also a time traveler is bound to where cloths that look good and their for could be mugged by an ever day fella with a gun or dagger. Since they are immortal some of them might be too full of themselves to the point where they are so careless they cause themselves deaths. So their could be like 8 originals but only 3 of them left living.

Last edited:
Don't forget that the originals were ancient wizards, as she mentioned. They would have powers beyond time travel, and surely being so old their mastery of time travel would be supreme, able to move forward and back at a thought so that they could move a step forward in time to after their opponent fired their gun and the bullet wizzed through empty air, dodging a bullet they never even had to see fired, or go back in time a step to pre-emptively attack their opponent before they even drew their gun. Disease would be meaningless as having been time travellers for some time they could amass tremendous wealth throughout time, and any time they got sick they could dump money into research of their disease and then step forward until the research came to fruition, perhaps years to find a cure but minutes for the Caligenian. Time travel is heinously overpowered to someone who has eternity to figure it out.

As for the time line, don't think of it so much as how long they spend at places as just how long their bodies live, how they experience time. They could be between time in some magical nexus or whatever and they would still be experiencing time. They would just live a normal human lifespan affected by health and all that stuff like a human, regardless of when or where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.