Ritual of Reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually a good idea, Falcon, since we don't have a country (yet) which produces either coffee or chocolate. It would be nice to have those in the rp, since they are so bountiful in our world, i think many rpers will forget they might not exist yet in the Rp world. great idea.

What do you think Zathura? It would likely make your country rich. Plus oranges and lemons and things might grow in the same general climate. Many bananas or pineapple? all that grows in the same area, right?

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
I think that sounds like a good idea.
Senex will be a place of awesomeness!
Maybe in the east, they can make wine!

But which part of Senex would it be closer to the equator, the north or the south?

The northern side If I remember the map correctly . . . yeah, just checked the map, if the Equator runs through the islands in the center, then it would be the north.

• Thank You
Southern wines and northern coffee/chocolate/oranges...yes, good. That sounds fun!

And maybe pumpkins in the winter!

Yes actually, I just Googled it and found this site which talks about tropical pumpkin types.
What do you think Murasaki_Sama? would one of those work for her?

hmm... maybe in the far south, where there are grapes for wine. I remember we grew pumpkins one year... but the area was not suited to any sort of tropical crop, like coffee or oranges. Grapes, yes, the same place made wine, but it was not prime wine country by any means. More suited to normal fruits, like apples, cherries and peaches. It was also good with corn and squash, hence the pumpkins... but a place which grows coffee is unlikely to really have winters.

EDIT: Hmm...yeah, I suppose a few tropical pumpkins wouldn't be too far fetched.

So I've been having such a creative brain fart lately... but I've got most of the stuff done, I think. ._.; Didn't get it all done as fast as I thought I would... >_< But I tried. Aaaand I'm toooo tired to try and make the format work with me.. *glares at the spoiler tag*
For now I can post the information on Nation 7, since I still need to flesh out my character's appearance. >_>;

Nation Number and Name: Nation 9, Alendres.
System of Government: Telspeth is the 'capital city' of Alendres, and where the ruling family sits at the head of government, acting as a monarchy. The male usually takes the place of High-King, unless he is killed in action or dies of natural—or unnatural—causes. If that is the case, then his wife would step in until her eldest son was old enough to take the place as High-King. Directly under the ruling family is a council of representatives of each major land-holding family in the nation. They meet when the need arises. Under them is the general forum, run by elected delegates in which the townsfolk can discuss their problems or ideas. It's almost an attempt at democracy, except the ruler is still run as a monarchy with royal blood being the only ones capable of ruling.

Their portion of the island is rather small and limited, and the front with nation 10 is a wide expanse of potential threat, so the military stays on guard. Their weapons are probably no better than anyone elses', though. They wield crossbows and trebuchets well enough. It's almost like a feudal era, with castles and keeps.

Basic terrain and weather: The northern portion of the nation is warm, with hot summers and slightly cooler winters. Due to being close to the equator, the northern border has a higher risk of being plagued by storms, like hurricanes. The vegetation remains dense in the north, and a lot of the clear land is used for crops. The center of the nation is where most of the 'bread basket' is located, where the summers and winters are not too harsh. The southern border is reserved for fishing communities, and their winters are colder than the north, and wet.

Notable and Interesting Facts: Alendres is a farming nation, with basic crops as their bread and butter. Small fishing communities also manage to help with the economy. Due to the military's desire to maintain something of a patrol near their major border, horse husbandry is also a booming area.

Anything Else?: There has only been one instance in which there was no male ruler for a prolonged amount of time. After the High-King of 85 PR passed away from an illness none of the healers could cure, his wife stepped in to lead her nation through the war that raged across the land. She had borne him no children, and once she passed on, the late High-King's nephew stepped in as ruling blood.

Also, sorry mine doesn't have fancy formats like everyone else's... So I'm not handy with BBcode. ._. Seems it's more stubborn than HTML..

EDIT: Fixed to represent nation 9 instead of 7. :D​

Last edited by a moderator:
Surpy, the nation sounds fine. However, I will need you to change the name Emperor to King or High King. The only Emperor in this world was the God-King (or Demon-King if you lived in Pohoni and Ester), Emperor of Atanwan. Also, PR was during a period of constant war between the nations...does that mean the Empress/Queen led her nation during war? Remember, the current nations have only existed as they stand now from about 3PR, since war kept changing the borders and ruling powers.

Alright! I'll make the necessary changes. And I don't see why the lady-queen couldn't have lead her nation through war. Nothin wrong with that, right?

Nothing wrong at all, just though you might like to add it, since it would make her even cooler (instead of being just the only female Ruler, she gets to be a female ruler during WAR). Up to you, of course.

Murasaki - I might point out that that Reinkuni's ruler is also called an emperor, will you need me to change that? or can I just claim that that's the closest translation of their title into the trade tongue?

Zathura - I'm really sorry, but I feel the need to point out that your crops and your weather are inconsistent with each other. Coffee does not survive well in any area with any sort of heavy snows. Monsoons and hurricanes yes, but not snows. I made a climate map if that helps. it's only an approximate, but I thought the visual might help explain better then words. the blues is cold and the red is hot.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. xD My Reconciled is almost finished, I just need to finish his appearance... Are pictures required, or can we paint a pretty picture with words alone?

Falcon - oooh...i didn't realize that. Um... it would probably be okay to have it be the closest translation, but maybe have Oujin mention something about it being more like a king of kings, or a very powerful king than an actual emperor? I mean, I'm guessing Reinkuni is sort of based on Japan/China and a few other nations, so Emperor is just their name for king.

And I'm taking to Zathura about her climate in Pms. we're going to work it out. also, climate map is awesome. not that anyone followed it, but its awesome.

Slurp - pictures are not required, no. You can just use words if you want. however, maybe after you post the character, I can go looking for a few picture references, sort of "almost but not quite" like what I used for my characters.

Okay, that sounds fine. I'll try to be descriptive enough in my words to pass along the idea. :D

Ok, completely disregard my climate comment then. :D

As for the emperor I'm thinking the title in the Reinkuni tongue is something like
Nyuusen Mikoto Hogosha
which in the Trade tongue would approximately translate to:
The one chosen to be the conveyor of law and order, provider of the necessities to his people, Lord of the realm in which his people live, and master of the armies which protect them.
That's a long title so the merchants and people who do business with Renkuni condensed it to be a emperor (lower case). If that works I'll add it to my country's bio and fix the other references in Oujin's biography and my first post.

EHEH. I love it. Long titles are fun, especially if they are seemingly short in the original language, very long in translation, and then unnecessarily short in second translation.

I'm about half done with my first Van post, and I'll put it up later today, after I get back. For now, I must depart!

I have Asperger Syndrome, so my mind is like a train wreck... I lied about getting that Nation...
'Slurpy, can we switch nations? In where Nation 7 is mine and Nation 9 is yours?
I wanted more of a deciduous climate.

I was so sleepy, but Nation 7 should have been the one I was working on....

I am so sorry for being indecisive, but I did want my nation to have that blend...
Let me talk to you later... I am using the mobile network....

Ok, updates on the Nyuusen Mikoto Hogosha have been made in all places needed.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.