Ritual of Reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, everything is set up too perfectly for me not to ask.
Lockhart, Can Julius be from Barrenshore? He refuses to talk about his past anyway, but the whole Mercenary and exportation of fighting men thing just fits so well.
Yes, he can. That's fine with me. :D

Yay! Thanks for accepting me. I reflected the changes you needed. I got my nations mixed up so sorry about that. Can't wait to start.

Ahaha, you and me both. I still need the map to remember what number nation is next to Pohoni. Like, I numbered them, ya think I would remember.

Right, just read the revisions, its fine. Isn't it nice how you make a minor change and everything just works all of a sudden?

OH! I got one more person interested! I tried to recruit two more, no word from them... just a few spots left, someone has to fill them.

Also, any one playing a Reconciled interested in also playing the Lord or Lady Steward?

Reactions: Neohmi
Ravia Tieli ni Latakan

Basic Info

Name: Ravia Tieli ni Latakan
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Height: 5'8" // 173 cm

Details
Appearance: Barrenshore's citizens have tanned skin due to their work and nature, as they're outside far more often than they are in. Ravia is no exception to that rule. She had dark blonde hair that's often in a tight braid, reaching the middle of her back. Her eyes are a bright green, very much contrasting her hair and skin. She trains with different weapons every day, resulting in lean muscles and little body fat.

Like all Barrenshorens, Ravia wears the normal cotton shirt with wooden buttons and long sleeves with a set of leather pants in various colors. A scarf often accompanies the outfit in order to shield her neck from the sun and help keep sweat off of her skin. The ensemble is completed with a long cloak made of hemp weaving. The process is difficult and only a few are made, but the people taught how to craft clothing with the hemp stalk are far and few between, not to mention the hemp plant only grows in a specific place within their nation due to the climate.
Picture Reference of Ravia: Image 1

Family/Friends:
  • Father: Maulis ni Latakan - Maulis is the current General of Barrenshore, and he has been for 12 years. He defeated the previous General in honorable one on one combat, but the General's followers accused Maulis of cheating, though no one had any proof. Since his reign began, Maulis has established more trade routes, ensuring more supplies. The few exports Barrenshore has started being produced more often. This was established so Barrenshore could have surplus in supplies and money in the event of another civil war. He's a fair man, though strict on his family. Ravia respects him, particularly because he taught her how to use her first weapon. Ravia and her father are very close, and she claims he will be the only person she'll really miss when she leaves.

• Mother: Sedali ni Latakan - Sedali is the complete opposite of Maulis, which never explained why she chose to wed him. She's far gentler, but she supports his every decision, even when it's difficult. She teaches all of her children the finer things about life other than fighting. Ravia didn't really want to learn about that, choosing not to show up to her mother's lessons in favor of learning new weapons. Still, her mother cares for all three of her children, even if one is rebellious.

• Sister: Balina ni Latakan - Balina is only 15, much younger than Ravia. She doesn't know as much, but she's not as interested in weapons and fighting as Ravia. She takes after her mother, so she and Ravia don't get along as well. Ravia doesn't feel as if Balina will miss her or really care about anything she's doing, but she's perfectly content with that. Balina is much softer spoken and not as abrasive as Ravia, often reprimanding her older sister for her loudness.

• Brother: Roantal ni Latakan - Roantal is 10, a large difference between both Ravia and Balina. He takes more after his father, similar to Ravia in that aspect. However, he's not old enough to be trusted with any kind of weapon outside of a wooden sword. Still, he's extremely close to Ravia because she's willing to help him learn anything he wishes, which are often things fighting and military related.

• Best Friend: Yevvi Whitegale - Yevvi is learning how to weave hemp for the cloaks, and she's been friends with Ravia for a long time. She's similar to Ravia in personality but not in interests. As such, they often have minor conflicts, but they're close enough to not be worried they'll not be friends. Yevvi taught Ravia how to weave, but she often forgets and has her friend repair them for her. Ravia's family welcomes her as one of their own, and Yevvi is the only person Ravia shares secrets with.
Skills/Abilities/Training:
Due to Barrenshore's laws on dictating the mastery of a weapon and a trade, Ravia has learned different ways of fighting as well as business for her family. As the Daughter of the General, Ravia deals with the trade merchants from other nations. She especially likes single swords and bows, but she also excels in one handed axe use. Ravia is attempting to learn how to throw knives, but so far, she hardly has a take on it.

Her trade is hunting, as she discovered she enjoyed doing it after her first successful hunt with her father and some of his guards. She's knowledgeable in the ways of tracking an animal as well as some traps such as snares and padded legholds. She knows how to treat and skin a dead animal, as well as preserving every part of it. Some furs go out with the merchants, and other parts are dried or used for other purposes. Ravia enjoys her trade and wants to continue it even outside of Barrenshore.

Learning to take care of trading with other nations proved to be difficult, as Ravia didn't exactly have a mind for it. She's learning, but she understands the basics. Up until the day she leaves for Atanwan, she's training her mind to learn about routes, imports, exports, and how much everything will eventually cost Barrenshore. However, she still has yet to have a firm grasp of everything, and she hardly considers herself any kind of expert in that regard.

Interests:
Because Ravia devotes her time to fighting and learning about fighting, she gives little time for anything else. She has a penchant for reading books and scrolls on previous civil wars and any other war existing that Barrenshore knows of. In the dense forested areas around Barrenshore, Ravia enjoys hunting creatures with her father and learning how to do 'manly, outdoorsy things,' as Sedali often puts it. She dislikes things associated with most women, even if Barrenshore accepts lady warriors or strategists.

Even still, Ravia must learn how Barrenshore's trade works, according to her father. As of right now, it's the only thing her mother is willing to help her in, as Ravia refuses to do little else unless it pertains to her father.

Official title(s):
Daughter of the General; Ravia ni Latakan, Commander of Barrenshore (or simply Commander Ravia/Commander ni Latakan); Reconciled of Barrenshore

In Depth

Personality:
Ravia is an outspoken young woman, often considered abrasive and forward. She likes to speak her mind and dislikes being wrong in many things. She prides herself on her combat prowess and doesn't like to be shown up, however, she does like to show off sometimes herself, but only in an area she's completely confident in.

Ravia wishes to learn more about everything, and having never been outside of Barrenshore, she knows little of the other nations other than what scholars and merchants have told her. She has little talent outside of fighting expertise, but she's taken a vow to master a weapon as well as learn how to craft it, but so far, she's not found the time to learn how to craft anything outside of knives or other small, iron trinkets. If she finds something disdainful or wrong, in her opinion and no one else's quite often, she rebels or fights it. The rebellious nature often becomes a problem unless Ravia herself contains her emotion about said topic.

Biography:
When Ravia first heard the stories about war, she wanted to know how it worked. At first, she thought she wanted to know what drove people to such killing, but it soon turned into something different. Ravia wanted to learn how to defend herself, just in case something as terrible as war happened again. She was only a few years old when Maulis defeated the previous General of Barrenshore, but she wasn't allowed to see it due to her young age. She often hears the accusations against her father for cheating, though Ravia doesn't know how it's possible, but because she didn't see the fight, she can never know for sure.

As a child, Ravia spent her days learning about more than she thought she could handle. Showing an early disdain for all things womanly, Ravia often skipped out on anything her mother wished to teach her. When the time came to choose someone to send to Atanwan as a Reconciled, there was no debate or vote among Barrenshore. The nature of their nation when dealing with Reconciled was they decided. Sedali decided that it would be her oldest daughter, and that was the end of it. As such, she began to cut Ravia's training short and forcing her to learn about things other than fighting. Ravia did not enjoy any of this time, and she retained little of that information. Still, she was forced to deal with it, preparing herself for whatever lies in Atanwan. However, she found time to train with her father and any other person willing to spar.

At 18, she was given the title Commander, though it does not give her any right to a military position; it marks her as a child of the General. It would have given Ravia her own commanding position if she'd had the chance to prove herself in some kind of battle, but no skirmishes, border wars, or attempts to overthrow her father happened while she was old enough to participate in one.

Ravia was lucky not to form any real romantic relationships, and she never had suitors. Her only friend is Yevvi, a hemp weaver. They met when Yevvi's parents were delivering a replacement hemp cloak for Sedali when Ravia was 16. After that, they got to know each other and soon became nearly inseparable. As the days for her departure near, Yevvi begged to go with her, but her position as hemp weaver forced her to stay and one day teach others about the trade.

Ravia dislikes the idea of marrying a foreigner for the sake of the Reconciliation, but her mother reassures her every day that Ravia might actually find someone she cares about. While Ravia denies that inference, she's anxious about her arrival into Atanwan and secretly hopes Sedali is right in her prediction.

Extra/other: None at this time.

Last edited:
Don't worry about formatting, it doesn't matter. I said people had to make their posts pretty and had to have the stuff in spoilers, I never said they had to all look the same. My advice? Go click that A/A thing in the upper right hand corner, remove all code brackets, including spoilers. Finish writing up the profile, and make sure that part is done.

THEN format it, with or without the rich text tools. That's what I try to do.

Although, you might want to add an extra blank line between paragraphs or bullet points. Big blocks of texts are not easy to read.

Looks like you guys have been busy! I've been away from the computer with other things all weekend, but I will definitely have some catching up and some reading to do when I get to work tomorrow! ^^

Oh, good. I think I might maybe start tomorrow...maybe. Then again, I only have 6ish characters and 2 more reserved spots... hmm.

OOOH!! GOOD NEWS! I CAME UP WITH A WONDERFUL, EVIL PLOT TWIST THAT WILL MAKE THIS RP SOOOOOO MUCH MORE FUN!!! EHEHEHEHEHEMWAHAHAHAHAH

ahem. I'll recruit more tomorrow, see if I can catch any interested&free Rpers.

Basic Info

Name: Saori Avalon

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Height: 5'4" // 163cm

[SPOILI]

Details

Appearance: Saori is often thought to be younger than he truly is, as his face is very round and youthful, coupled with his shorter height. His eyes are a bright jade green, and always seem to have a flicker of mischief in their depths, as though he's always three steps ahead in a game of chess. His skin is pale, his body slender, showing his affluence. Like many from Vulfuhre, Saori's hair is bright red, cut fairly short save the decorative braiding on the right side of his head. His current apparel is light and loose fitting, made specifically to accommodate the warmer temperature of Atanwan.

Family/Friends: Saori's mother, Ataira, is Vulfuhre's current Matriarch, the highest position available for women and in charge of leading the countries social and economical sectors. His father, Urbet, is the current Patriarch, making decisions of war and political relations. Saori also has two younger siblings; His sister Velisha, who is in line to become the next Matriarch, and a half brother named Tori. He has never been close to his sister, but the two brothers are extremely close, much to the disdain of Urbet. Saori doesn't have many friends, but this is more something he has done to himself than any outward opinion of him.

Skills/Abilities/Training: Saori's training lies in music, dance, and art, though he rarely ever puts these skills to proper use. He is also an incredible liar and manipulator, having had years to practice and perfect the craft.

Interests: Saori flits between whatever grabs his attention in the moment. He has dabbled in everything from fencing to weaving. From horse riding to theatre and beyond. He may not have a particular passion for anything, but he will always be willing to try something new. You could say his interest is finding new and exciting activities.

Official title(s): Reconciled of Vulfuhre, First Son of Avalon.

In Depth

Personality: Saori has always been something of a wild child, dancing to the beat of his own drum and chasing after the promise of a dream. Despite the best efforts of his parents, his seemingly endless energy is spent in frivolous escapism, long nights out with strangers, a wine bottle to his lips and a smoking Velhim in is hands. Saori has a very open view of the world, willing to approach new ways of thought and new ideals with warmth and acceptance. While not likely to believe in any one idea, he'll place his support behind another's passion and propel them forward. The young man is also not shy about the more intimate of pleasures.
There is very little that will offend the man, and he will swing his way through partners on his path through life. This pattern of behaviour has led many to dismiss the man as a simple fool. They are wrong. Saori understands people, how they think, and is not above using this knowledge for his own gain. As much as Saori surrounds himself with people, there will be times when he vanishes, hiding away and keeping to himself. These times can stretch from a few days to a few months, but he always comes back, acting as if nothing had happened. There really is only one way to make the young man angry, and that is to poke fun at his brother.

Biography: Being a son of Avalon in a time of peace, Saori found himself in the hands of tutors and attendants for much of his childhood. He saw his parents at meals, and while they were originally invested in him and his accomplishments, that began to change when his sister was born, their attentions shifting to raising their second child. He understood their distance and sought out his own entertainment. He began spending less and less time on his studies, and more out of the castle exploring. He'd make friends one day, only to never find them again in the maze of streets and shops. Believing that there wouldn't ever be someone constant in his life, and believing this normal, Saori wasn't sure what to make of his new little brother at first.

As soon as he was old enough, Tori followed Saori everywhere and became the older boy's anchor. He might never see those friends again, but he would always have Tori. While the two brothers were close, they became inseparable after Saori found his brother being bullied by the same kids who had been so kind to him earlier. His trust shaken, Saori withdrew within himself. While he still sought out new people and new experiences, he never stayed in one place for long. In his early teens, he found himself pulled into the ugly underside of Vulfuhre, brought to a gathering of drinks and Velhim, putting himself in a drug hazed stupor for a full week. He stumbled home to a worried brother, marked and giddy, and kept his first secret from the other.

The Avalons were given a choice of which true son or daughter of Avalon the would send to the Ritual of Reconciliation. They chose their eldest son, naming Velisha as a future Diarch. When Saori learned he was to be the Reconciled of Vulfuhre, he began to spend more and more time away from home and the times he did spend at home were in the same Velhim induced stupor. He knew why he was being sent away. Velhim was almost exclusive to Vulfuhre. This was to be the break his unfitting behaviour. All they had done was spread his wings.

Extra/other: n/a
[/SPOILI]

Last edited by a moderator:
Murasaki-sama--

She was close to ending the -sama with Shikibu instead. Genji would be pleased to know.

ANYWAY, I've finished editing the necessary bits. Also found out that 'Majesty' refers to the one in power (can be either King (patriarchy) or Queen (matriarchy), as long as they are the supreme power in the rule). And 'Highness' are titles to those who are closely related (nuclear family) to the 'Majesty'.

There is, officially, only one 'Her Majesty' in your current time. And that would be the Queen herself.

Yes, yes, but in a fantasy world, I can go as far as renaming kingdom to queendom, if I really wanted to.

Don't throw my logic out of the window.

It already did when you removed your brain.

Drats.

Anyway, yea, I hope the edits helped.

NATION 2 - Vulfuhre ~

[SPOILI]
System of Government: Vulfuhre is a Diarchy, with the amount of governmental power switching between both Diarchs depending on the political climate. The path of succession is carried down to the oldest of the Diarchs' children and their spouse in the event of the current Diarchs' death. The Matriarch, or female Diarch, governs over Vulfuhre's trade, economy and education, while the Patriarch, or male Diarch, will have control over law enforcement, military and political relations. The people of Vulfuhre call the Diarchs simply by Avalon. It is an old family name, greatly respected by the people. Children of the Diarchs are consequently called Sons and Daughters of Avalon.

Basic terrain and weather: Vulfuhre has a mountainous region spreading out from the borders of Western Pohoni and Southern Ester into the midlands, punctuated by plateaus of farmland suitable for raising goats and sheep. The frozen climate of the mountains only intensifies as you move further west, with light snow falling all year round, with only a few summer weeks of pleasant heat. Winter months can bring a bitter cold that bring those not accustomed to the cold all manners of grief. The ocean currents cool as they pass by Ester, loosing their heat and bringing with them frigid weather. Vulfuhre's northern and western coast are covered in fragile ice, with a thriving fishing industry in the areas.

Vulfuhre's southern coast is quite a bit milder from the arctic reaches of the northern provinces. Instead of snow, the rocky shore experiences heavy rain and high winds, washing away much of the land and exposing precious minerals. While Vulfuhre's mountains boast a large mining empire, precious metals and stones are found only in the southern reaches.

Notable and Interesting Facts: Since the end of the great war, Vulfuhre has struggled to bring themselves back to the state they once had. They maintain a trade rout through the mountains to Ester, offering Precious Metals and Gems in exchange for large quantities of food. The populace has a comfortable living condition, though far from luxurious.

The Avalons were the first to attempt to rebuild Vulfuhre after the empire was broken, and have dug deep roots to prevent themselves from being removed from power.

To call someone not of the Avalon line by the name Avalon is punishable by imprisonment of up to six years. The sentence has never reached past a single year unless there have been multiple events.

Travellers are advised to bring a coat, and trade in for a Vulfuhren made model as quickly as possible.

Velhim is a narcotic that has been circulating through Vulfuhre for many years. While not strictly illegal, it is a general consensus among the populace that one should avoid smoking much of the substance until the body has built up a tolerance.

Anything Else?:Vulfuhre has been been struggling to defend it's western borders from Pohoni raiders for the last few decades. Political unrest is brewing in the underbelly of Vulfuhre, despite the outwards appearance of peace.
[/SPOILI]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go out today, I won't have time to reply to the new profile and to read up/reply to Asha's edits. I will do so as soon as I return!

Also, lulu - pretty coding! very nice. could you make the text a bit bigger though? i find it hard to read.

anyway, away I go for half the day!

Asha - Edits are nice! Full profile and nation post are accepted and approved! (well, technically they were already accepted, but whatever. You're done working on the profile, that's worth a yay!)

Lulu -
First, thank you for making the text bigger. It didn't need to be quite that big, but I do appreciate it. I have bad eyes and a small computer screen, soo...yeah.

Nation - I like the nation, but there needs to be a few minor edits. Pohoni is already unreasonably isolationist, and even they trade with other nations and have some talks with them. The entire purpose of the Ritual of Reconciliation was to foster friendship between the nations, as well as to affirm the peace. I have no problem with a nation not being friendly to foreigners (I did it with mine, after all), but Vulfuhre needs to be a bit more open to trade and inter-national relations, especially if they make their living with precious metals and not farming. So just make a small edit explaining how isolated they are, and how they interact with the other nations. In fact, if you'd like, you could even say they've had a few wars/border skirmishes with Pohoni in recent years. Lavanya needs somewhere to have earned her battle experience, right? Other than that, I like the nation.

EDIT: I am a bit confused about the Diarch system. Are there two sitting heads of government, or just one? If there are two, why would Urbet become the Patriarch during a war? Isn't there already a Patriarch? Who handles law enforcement and political relations in times of peace? A diarchy implies, by name alone, that there are two leaders at any given time, not two leaders who switch dominance based on sex... Doesn't it?

Character - First, yay for short guys! I played a short guy in my last ...second to last? Rp and it was fun.Ahem.

Umm...hm. I can't really think of any problems, aside from the confusion over heirs, diarchs, and such. I do want to know how it came to be known that he was to be the Reconciled? Look back in the OOC for posts talking about it, or just ask me in Pms to explain the system of choosing and such.

Other than those few minor edits, your character and nation are awesome and accepted! I will put up the links in just a moment

EVERYONE!!!! - First, I am hoping to start the RP tonight. I will be starting about one or two weeks before the Ceremony of Investiture, which will officially start off the year and a day Reconciliation (and since all the Reconciled need to be there, that event cannot take place until all the spots are filled).

Second, in following with my evil genius plot idea, I will be adding a few specific characters onto the front page. I will, eventually, be taking one of them. The second one is open to anyone who wants it, especially if said person might be interested in knowing a bit more about the plot ahead of time. Please check the 'available characters' part of the first post to see what I am talking about.

Third, I will be PMing the currently accepted characters with the details of their secondary relationship (remember, each character is required to form a relationship, of any kind, with a Reconciled who is not their fiance). At the same time, I will be asking you guys if there is anything you have planned for your characters, and see if you have any good plot ideas. I will not be revealing the full extent of my evil plan, but I will be testing the waters. Umm...yeah, that's about it.

Now to go read and work on my opening post (which might not appear until tomorrow, depends on when dinner happens and how tired I am after).

Edits made~ I actually changed the governing system while writing up the Nation sheet and had forgotten to change what had been written in the CS. Apologies for the confusion ^^;;

Do you still need a steward for Atanwan? I know I already have two characters so if somebody else wants to claim it that's fine.
But it seems like an important role that needs to be filled and I'm game to take it on, plus I just had a stroke of inspiration for how it might be played :)

Lulu, thank you! The edits look good.

I got called away to dinner and have had no time to work on my post. But I am back now and should have all night.

Yes, Atanwan still needs a steward, and hey, if you can handle three characters, take it!

Will do:D
I'll keep the bio kind of vague to start with, because I have a few questions about Atanwan, but I'll PM those to you along with the specifics of Reinkuni's magic, and edit in the updates.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!
I have opened the RP Main Thread, which you can also find linked from the second post on the first page. (It is in very big letters, hard to miss).

If your character has been accepted, feel free to post their arrival on Atanwan. Lava's post takes place about a week or two before the Ceremony of Investiture, not sure how long exactly. (Depends on how long it takes to get three more players.) I expect some time skipping will be required, and only minimal character interaction will likely take place before the Ceremony, and that is fine. Just take this chance to introduce your character, who can be leaving home, sailing to Atanwan or arriving in the city. Anyone who wants character interaction can surely find it by asking or just setting up their character in a neutral place where others might come across them. I look forward to reading everyone's opening posts!

Also, no need to make your post pretty like I did, I just like to do that. However, you do have to have the character name somewhere near the top, easily visible, so people know which of your character's the post is about. And with that, GO FORTH AND HAVE FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.