Rare May snow in Arkansas

Isabella Hime

Winter is coming...
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
AS far as I've heard this is the only record of accumulating snow in May for NorthWest Arkansas.

2.5 inches of snow fell after it was 82 degrees 24 hours beforehand! It did a lot of dammage to my garden too.. a lot of broken branches and frost damage like stuff..

Bet my gold fish are freaked out.. decent shot of Kostroma.. My first pond built here. All so the bush on the right hand side is a tropical rainforest tree.. yet somehow survived this!

Caster bean plants and palm seedlings covered in snow.. odd to see..

A few of these privets where uprooted too..

Had two palms uproot out of the pots and had to be re-potted again.

Snow on palm trees... WTF..
http://s679.photobucket.com/user/LordGodXentra/media/037.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

The last pic did not go through since there was a lens error but it was of one of the bradford pear trees nearly touching the ground.. thought it was gunna split in half..

Reactions: Ochalla
And now pics of the tropical garden after the snow has gone..

A schefflera tree with coll looking roots.. this is a rainforest plant and it all so has flower buds.. I'll post those when they open.. this is the first time I've had one of these ever make flowers too..

These goldfish are shy and tried not to get a pic taken.. but they got it anyway.. This is the other pond Kupala.. did not get any pics of it in the snow since Gibs could not fit through after the path was covered by trees..

Kupala again and a tiny Japanese maple trees I named Keine Kamishirasawa. hope it survives..

Ajuga flowers

Bleeding heart flowers

Columbine flowers

Irises.. all so need to get my flag put back up.. it's a USSR flag but was blown down in a violent wind storm a few weeks ago..

Clematis flowers.. I have like 10 different colors of these planted together so when they all grow up and start flowering it will look cool..

Purple Iris and the tiny yellow wold flowers I let stay. All so my symbol for my Nationstates flag is there but you can hardly see it now with all the flowers growing up..

Someday I will come visit and frolic in your plants.

Be warned.

There will be frolicking.

Count me in. Your garden is almost too perfect. I could never bring myself to take care of all those flowers.

Wow. That is sure a rare thing to see, but then again, weather has also been crazy in Europe. There was an insane snowstorm on March the 15th that prevented me from going home and lately, thunderstorms have also started picking up despite the season only being spring. I wish you luck with restoring your garden to its former glory, Bellas!

More flower piccies!

My little pine tree of some sort.. not sure what type..

Pink Amaryllis

Red Amaryllis

Orange blossoms... I've had this tree since 1997. This year was the first time it has flowered! Rare event indeed.

An even more rare event here. A schefflera flowering in Arkansas. This is a rainforest tree so one flowering here is odd. I've had this one since 1999. Been growing these types of plants since 1992 and have never seen one flower before...

Pink knock out rose. The first to bloom this year. There will be a lot of rose pics since I have a ton of them.

Purple clematis vine

Yellow wild flowers. Been allowing these to survive the last few years now they are everywhere!

Shamrock flowers

Blue periwinkle flowers

More flowers after tornado!

We had wind gusts between 70 and 90mph. It blew off some of the siding of the house and we don't know where all the pieces went... A lot of trees in town where knocked over.. was a hell of an interesting thing to see from your garage..

Roses.

Yellow flowers!

Siberian Iris

Japanese painted fern

Two maple trees I twisted together.. have to tilt your head sideways to see correctly though..

Ah! Your house broke! ...Yet your garden remained intact! I knew it, it is a magic garden!

*stares at* That must be Lolisia.. you have an albino pic for an avatar too..

A-a-albino! The hair is just incredibly light blonde, and the eyes are actually a slight tint of pur-!

Wait a second! What do you have against albinos?!

Pan loves Albinos. You are now his favorite... Might I suggest either running or getting on some garden gloves?

Ocha speaks truth! I've liked albino girl pics for many years! I use them all the time as avatars.. all so much of Vandoosa's people are albino too! the Alazonka race!

My poor house! t______t

But I love my rose garden. 8D

Your flowers are so pretty!
I particularly like the amaryllis and roses.
Do the orange blossoms mean you'll have little Pan oranges this year?

Hope so.. need to check those.. I'm not sure if you need two trees to pollinate though..

Did you set up the two small ponds yourself? How deep are they and how many gallons/liters do they hold? Did you line the bottom with anything? Do you have the water run out through a filter?

So basically tell me everything about them. :D

Also New York just got 3 feet of snow.