Pax Vampira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Volero -- I'm having a little difficulty pasting it to the thread, so I'm just going to drop the link to my blog with his details.

Yep, this is still open to new players, and I'll be checking bios after I've regained consciousness.

*crashes through a glass table*

Awesome that gives me enough to create one. Hope the consciousness goes a way soon.

Name: Anubis

Faction: Atumite

Appearance:
14549798-illustration-of-anubis-egyptian-god.jpg

Mundane Abilities: Brilliant Military Strategist, Multilingual, Intelligent, Loyal

Martial Abilities: Khopesh Adept (ambidexterous), Tahtib Master, Weapons Master (Spears, Swords, etc.)

Magical Abilities: Wadjet, Khepri, Mafdet

History: He lives solely to serve Cleopatra, leading her troops to crush the Roman forces. Blessed by the Ancient Gods, he was sent to aid his Queen after she bargained with them. He almost never removes his armor and can eat enough for six starving men. He is merciless towards the enemy, and traitors, for that matter. He demands absolute loyalty, expecting his troops to sacrifce themselves for victory without hesitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
H e y . . .
Any of you fine Egyptians want yourself a slave girl? -wink wink, nudge nudge-

Oof! I live to serve, Master!

...but surely, you know of my other talents? Master, in all your boundless wisdom, you know best how to utilize me to your benefit, but perhaps you may explore the other options? For I am fearful I may disappoint in this aspect of your will-- Thump!

Fine. Humble Advisor, messenger, and eyes and ears around the city/army/palace. Do not fail me, or I shall hang you from the city gates and let the vultures feast upon you.

Name: Marcella Scipia

Faction: Human

Appearance: Tall, strong and beautiful, with dark, flowing hair and bright blue eyes. She usually wears a white dress clasped together at the shoulder with a round, gold buckle with a lion engraved into the metal. She also wears a small dagger strapped to her thigh.

Mundane Abilities: seductive, intelligent, cunning, trustworthy, sneaky

Martial Abilities: trained by her father to use swords and daggers, can shoot a bow well enough to hit a slow-moving target, or one in her direct line of fire

Magical abilities: Mercury, Sehkmet, Hel

History: Born the daughter of an ex-legion spy, her father taught her how to use a swords and daggers. After her fathers death, she was forced into slavery, and was traded from one master to the next, being used as a slave for anything, from a cook, to a maid, to a sex slave, and even a spy on the neighbors. She has been in slavery for about ten years now, and often has begged her vampire masters to turn her.

Right then...

[MENTION=58]Grumpy NotaIrish[/MENTION] : Bio accepted. Your character's name is enigmatic and torments me in the dark of night.

[MENTION=1030]Zen[/MENTION] : Your backstory is a bit weird. I don't think a pack would last long if the Alpha forbade other females from procreating. That is the whole point of there being a pack. I think you need to qualify or change this. You could simply say the Alpha was batshit insane... or maybe tweak it a little and say the Alpha ruled that all pups born to other females must have their eye torn out or their ear bitten or some kind of mutilation that disadvantaged them.

[MENTION=5062]Sweet Assassin[/MENTION] : Are you implying that you were a vampire BEFORE Caesar? If so, that may affect the plot I've worked out with Jen. Let me know if I've read that right.

[MENTION=4590]Koene[/MENTION] : You need to explain how your Egyptian mother encountered barbarians. I assume they were Gauls? What were a French trio doing so far from home? This seems to be an important part of your backstory so we need to make it clear.

[MENTION=5073]Gentry[/MENTION] : The ability to speak with birds is not exactly mundane. If this was simple falconry or the like then that would be fine. But are you implying that you can actually hold conversations with birds? If so, you would have to take this as one of your 3 magic abilities and give up one of the ones you've listed.

[MENTION=739]unanun[/MENTION] : Bios accepted. Your character names are enigmatic and torment me in the dark of night.

[MENTION=4437]Ceridwyn[/MENTION] : Bio accepted. Awesome character, and one we can use to bring news of the barbarian approach. Also, would you mind being one of the main figures in the hunting and persecution of Christians? This will also serve another subplot.

[MENTION=3293]Shadowheart26[/MENTION] : Bio accepted. I hope we can leave it ambiguous as to whether he is the ACTUAL Anubis or just a man who thinks he is.

[MENTION=4534]Thomas McTavish[/MENTION] : Bio accepted. Would you like an NPC master? Or would you prefer to be enslaved to me, Unanun or Sweet Assassin?

[MENTION=4890]JustJen[/MENTION] : Your character sucks. GTFO.

I'll see what Jen thinks....

I would prefer to be enslaved by you, Unanun or Sweet Sssassin, but if none of you want me I can do NPC.

Erm... Ah... Well...
Give me a moment.

Alright, how's that?

Last edited by a moderator:
1044208_10153041411730077_324934652_n.jpg

Name: Ophealia

Faction: Vampire

Appearance: Loyal and ruthless. Brown hair with piercing emerald green eyes. Would occasionally wear a silver mask to distinguish her rank from other guards. Had a lean muscular structure akin to a woman of fierce combat. Most would underestimate her by age or any other inappropriate assumptions... Considered to be quite attractive by many.

Mundane Abilities: intelligent, loyal, protective

Martial Abilities: Trained by roman superiors, able to use any kind of weaponry mainly blades and a bow and arrow being able to shoot from more than 200 ft away, and proficient in all weapons of the Roman Empire

Magical abilities: Jupiter, Saturn, Sol

History: Caught a general's eye at a young age and was recommended to special forces training. Was born a human, but when she became of age Caesar turned her into a vampire enhancing her combatant skills. Her duties comprised of calvary and protecting the emperor as his personal body guard. Some believed that she was a mortal descendant of Bellona, the Roman goddess of War.

Last edited:
[MENTION=1727]Denali[/MENTION]

Von is a German preposition, meaning from. With that name you would have to have been born in the Germanic northlands, not the Middle East.

Guardian is a vague occupation. Do you mean a soldier? A house bodyguard?

Your personality seems to be built on contradictions. Loyal, but rebellious? Scared to fall in love, but desperate for companionship? Quiet and caring, but fearless in battle? These things are diametrically opposed and give no strong impression of your character one way or the other.

Your hair is like sea otters running and has natural burgundy highlights? That's a really confusing visual. Could you clarify? Burgundy would be a lowlight, and in nature your hair can only get lighter due to sun exposure, not darker. These two colours cannot naturally co-occur.

You say that your eyes can send any mortal or immortal into a trance? Is this hyperbole, or are you trying to claim this as a supernatural power? None of the powers available allow hypnotizing of immortals, I'm afraid. Also, if her eyes are so irresistible, why does she still long to be beautiful in body and mind? Surely she has already attained her idealized beauty, especially with a muscular structure akin to a gladiator.

Claiming to be proficient in "any kind of weaponry" is very open-ended. I doubt she has mastered every weapon in the known world. Could you be more specific? Since you have the Mars blessing I doubt you need to cover yourself too much in this area.

Vampires are infertile and reproduce via careful blood mingling. When you say you were "born" to a family of vampires, I assume you mean you were sired by a particular dynasty?

You say that you were cast out of the kingdom? This roleplay is set in the Roman Empire. There are no kings. Also, incest wasn't as big a taboo as it is today. Many families had incestuous and homosexual relationships prevalent.

You say that you became a Ronin. This is a strictly Japanese concept from the 12th Century - a samurai whose master has died or been deposed, leaving his soldiers "between employment". Since you were thrown out of your home as a vagrant teenager, I don't think the term really fits.

You say you were enslaved by humans? Humans ARE the slaves in this roleplay. 99% of positions of power in the empire are held by full-blood vampires. I don't see how humans could have legitimately or physically enslaved a vampire.

You say that you wield a katana. Again, this is a purely Japanese weapon and was not invented till the 12th Century, let alone embellished with emeralds.

It seems that you're trying to put a very anachronistic character into a Roman roleplay. There are a lot of issues here that need to be addressed.

Last edited:
I shall rework it.

Don't worry, Denali, you can do it!
Here's some encouragement!

[spoili][/spoili]

Holy hell, Denali, you've got some work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.