- Alternative Reality
- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
Wow okay, I've officially lost my marbles with is one o.0 This is mainly a test but still, I've never done anything like this before so what better way of doing this than throwing in a genre I've never written before and calling it a day? So yeah, an interactive horror story that's sure to be medicore, have fun :P Oh, and no comments please. I'm not sure if I'm going to write anymore than this but if I do, I would like these posts to be in consecutive order. Please and thank you <3 Though, I should probably also mention this is my first time writing in second person point of view and it really tripped me up on my tenses o.o;

what am I doing? I have roleplays to tend to...

Arc 01: Prologue

Last edited:
Arc: Prologue
Episode 01: Dark and Stormy​

“...after putting the children to bed, the babysitter returns to the family room to watch T.V, but in the corner of the room stood a life sized clown statue watching her with cold, black eyes. Officially freaked out, the babysitter called the father and asked, can I cover the clown statue? To which the father replied, what clown statue?”

As if on cue, a flash of red lurched forward and grabbed one of the girls sitting beside you with a loud, threatening growl. She jumped with a ear piercing screech and you winced at the sheer volume and close proximity. “Ouch, Lexi, that was right in my ear!” you complained.

Lexi scowled and smacked the arm of the perpetrator, whom you recognised as Cardner Field. “Blame this asshole!” she huffed.

Cardner did nothing more than laugh her off. “Don't be such a wuss, Lexi.” Up until then, Cardner had been sitting in a desk on the opposite side of the classroom playing a game on his phone. He must have picked up on how much the story bothered Lexi to jump-scare her like that.

“Was that really called for?” Ethan demanded, sounding annoyed at the ginger.

“What, you were the one telling that sorry excuse for a scary story!” Cardner bit back.

Outside, the rain continued to pound, the occasional thunder and lightning cracking against darkness the thick, angry clouds cast over the afternoon. If it weren't for the storm snapping at the building like some monster dredged up from somewhere dark and deep, you wouldn't be stuck in a classroom well after school had let out with the class diva Lexi, the wallflower Gidget, the star pitcher of the school’s baseball team Ethan, and other member of the team, Cardner. The situation only got better when the power went out and the teacher left to investigate. In her absence, Ethan had decided it was the perfect time to tell a scary story.

Of course, nothing could be done with Cardner and Ethan in the same room together without an argument starting between the two rivals.

“And you think you can do better, Cardner?”
“I’m actually afraid of clowns, too…”
“Alright, fine, here’s a better one…”

Last edited:
Episode 02: Do Better, Cardner​
“And you think you can do better, Cardner?” you challenged, trying to draw the redhead’s attention away from Ethan. It worked, as Cardner took the bait with a smirk.

“As a matter of fact, I can do better.” You quirked a curious eyebrow at him as he took an empty spot next to the quiet Gidget, who gave him a weary look. It appeared Cardner wanted in on their fun after all. “You guys know that old cemetery down Eastern drive?”

Next to you, Lexi groaned. “Oh come on, not that stupid story again.”

“What story?” you questioned, unable to help yourself.

Lexi attempted a response but Cardner hushed her harshly. “Hey, I’m telling the story.” He then turned to you, his expression suddenly serious. “You moved here recently so I’m not surprised you don't know the story yet. There's a graveyard down Eastern drive that's no longer in use and is crazily overgrown. Some of the headstones are missing and broken and I heard one of the people living nearby found some remains in their backyard. Even today no one really knows for sure where the graveyard ends.” Just him saying that filled you with dread. “ Next to it, an old couple burned alive in their house .”

A chill ran up your spine but not from Cardner’s words alone, but from the way he said it with an intense look boring into you and words low but hurried. You swallowed thickly and venture on, “What happened?”

“The elderly woman used to be a witch, and the elderly man would invite strangers, normally the young and stupid, into their home but never would they come out again,” Gidget supplied. Her voice was soft and whispery, barely heard above the incessant sound of rain carrying on its efforts like a desperate stranger trying to get in. “One night a neighbor claimed to have heard would could have been a child's scream, but it was warped nearly beyond recognition. They looked out their window to see what was happening, and instead found a child plastered to the second story window, his skin dark and graying, mouth opened impossibly wide as if his jaw had been broken, and staring out into nothingness with empty eye sockets crying tears of blood.”

It was as if Gidget had cast a spell on the room, everyone impossibly quiet and deathly still, listening intently to a story they must have heard time and time again. “The neighbor screamed and the cops were called, but they turned up nothing. The elderly couple was once again getting away with whatever evil was happening in that house and the neighbors, angered and seeking justice, took matters into their own hands. Armed with fire and crosses, they smashed through the front door and stormed the house.

“No one ever speaks about what they say in the old Victorian home, only what they did. They strung up the elderly couple to two crosses and watched them burn along with their cursed house.”

“To this day, if you walk by where empty plot you can still smell the foul odor of burning flesh and inhuman howls,” Cardner finished, but he barely got the words out before a demonic growl tore through the classroom and shook the building. The group nearly jumped out of their skins, Lexi’s hands covering her mouth but failed to stifle her scream. It was Cardner who broke the tension, draping himself over the back of his chair with a hand combing through his red hair and a chuckle that sounded more nervous than amused. “Damn thunder.”

“...”
“But it's just a story right?”

Last edited:
Episode 02: Fear of Clowns​
“I’m actually scared of clowns, too,” you murmured, hoping the opening for a tease would distract one or both boys from each other's presence. It worked, as Cardner took the bait with a smirk.

“Oh, you think pedophile clowns are scary? I can do better.” You quirked a curious eyebrow at him as he took an empty spot next to the quiet Gidget, who gave him a weary look. It appeared Cardner wanted in on their fun after all. “You guys know that old cemetery down Eastern drive?”

“What story?” you questioned, unable to help yourself.

Lexi attempted a response but Cardner hushed her harshly. “Hey, I’m telling the story.” He then turned to you, his expression suddenly serious. “You moved here recently so I’m not surprised you don't know the story yet. There's a graveyard down Eastern drive that's no longer in use and is crazily overgrown. Some of the headstones are missing and broken and I heard one of people living nearby found some remains in their backyard. Even today no one really knows for sure where the graveyard ends.” Just him saying that fills you with dread. “Next to it though, is where an old couple burned alive in their home.”

A chill runs up your spine but not from Cardner’s words alone, but from the way he said it with an intense look boring into you and words low and husky. You swallowed thickly and venture on, “What happened?”

“Legend says the elderly woman used to be a witch, and the elderly man would invite strangers, normally the young and stupid, into their home but never would they come out again,” Gidget supplied. Her voice was soft and whispery, barely heard above the incessant sound of rain carrying on its efforts like a desperate stranger trying to get in. “One night a neighbor claimed to have heard would could have been a child's scream, but it was warped nearly beyond recognition. They looked out their window to see what was happening, and instead found a child plastered to the second story window, his skin dark and graying, mouth opened impossibly wide as if his jaw had been broken, and staring out into nothingness with empty eye sockets crying tears of blood.”

It was as if Gidget had cast a spell on the room, everyone impossibly quiet and deathly still, listening intently to a story they must have heard time and time again. “The neighbor screamed and the cops were called, but they turned up nothing. The elderly couple was once again getting away with whatever evil was happening in that house and the neighbors, angered and seeking justice, took matters into their own hands. Armed with fire and crosses, they smashed through the front door and stormed the house.

“No one ever speaks about what they say in the old Victorian home, only what they did. They strung up the elderly couple to two crosses and watched them burn along with their cursed house.”

“To this day, if you walk by where empty plot you can still smell the foul odor of burning flesh and inhuman howls,” Cardner finished, but he barely got the words out before a demonic growl tore through the classroom and shook the building. The group nearly jumped out of their skins, Lexi’s hands covering her mouth but failed to stifle her scream. It was Cardner who broke the tension, draping himself over the back of his chair with a hand combing through his red hair and a chuckle that sounded more nervous than amused. “Damn thunder.”

“...”
“But it's just a story right?”

Last edited:
Episode 02: Tell A Scary Story​
“I think I can do better,” you piped in, hoping to cut the argument short. It worked and both boys turn to you with their interest piqued.

“This should be good,” Cardner snickered. Clearly he didn't believe you could tell a good story. You quirked a curious eyebrow at him as he took an empty spot next to the quiet Gidget, who gave him a weary look. It appeared Cardner wanted in on their fun after all.

“You guys know that old cemetery down Eastern drive?” You began.

Cardner scoffed. “The fact someone as new as you around here already knows that story should speak for itself.”

You can’t help but frown in disappointment. It was your father who told you the story, and until now you thought he had made it up. As a horror writer, it was his job to bring his readers worst fears to life and serve them on a silver platter with a side of “oh hell no". You were about to give up and settle for another of his stories he shared with you when Ethan spoke up, “Come on guys, everyone has a different way of telling it. Maybe an outsider can give it a refreshing twist.”

You flash him a thankful smile and launch into your story, “Creaks and groans carried on snatching fingers of the wind, sounds of invisible entities hurrying up a porch, doors slamming, glass breaking, and harrowing screams shattering the silence of night; from an old Victorian house that is no longer there.” It seemed your opening had the desired effect and you can't help but to feel a little pride.

“Legend says an old couple used to live there,” you continued. “It says the old woman used to be a witch, and the old man would invite strangers into their home but never would they come out again. One night a neighbor claimed to have heard would could have been a child's scream, but it was warped nearly beyond recognition. They looked out their window to see what was happening, and instead found a child plastered to the second story window, his skin dark and graying, mouth opened impossibly wide as if his jaw had been broken, and staring out into nothingness with empty eye sockets crying tears of blood.

“The neighbor screamed and the cops were called, but they turned up nothing. The old couple was once again getting away with whatever evil was happening in that house and the neighbord took matters into their own hands. Armed with fire and crosses, they smashed through the front door and stormed the house.

“No one ever speaks about what they say in the old Victorian home, only what they did. They strung up the old couple to two crosses and watched them burn along with their cursed house.”

“To this day, if you walk by where empty plot you can still smell the foul odor of burning flesh and inhuman howls,” Gidget finished, but she barely got the words out before a demonic growl tore through the classroom and shook the building. The group nearly jumped out of their skins, Lexi’s hands covering her mouth but failed to stifle her scream. It was Cardner who broke the tension, draping himself over the back of his chair with a hand combing through his red hair and a chuckle that sounded more nervous than amused.

“Damn thunder.”

“...”
"It definitely sets the mood.”

Last edited:
Episode 03: Scaredy Cat​
Your silence wasn't taken in the way you probably wanted and Cardner grinned at you. “What, you're not afraid of a little campfire story, are you?”

“Of course not,” you huffed. “The thunder just startled me.”

“Yeah, if you say so, Cat.”

“Cat?” you parroted. You weren't entirely sure how to feel about the nickname and well, coming from someone like Cardner it didn't seem like it had any good conation either.

“Short for Scaredy-Cat,” he explained.

...and you were right. “I’m not a scaredy cat!” you objected.

“I beg to differ, but there is a way you can redeem yourself.” He leaned forward, bracing his elbows on his knees and tangling his hands together.

Ethan narrowed his blues eyes at him. “What are you planning exactly?”

“A little field trip. Why not visit the old plot? Pay our respects and such,” Cardner replied with a casual shrug.

“No!” Lexi immediately objected. “I have to walk by that plot everyday to get to the bus stop. I’m not going there on purpose.”

“I’ve personally never been that way before and I’m curious to see if the stories of ghost sightings are true,” Cardner explained. “Either you're in or you’re out.”

→ “Yes.” ?
“No.”

Last edited:
Episode 03: It's Just A Story… Right?​
“But it's just a story, right?” Silence met your inquiry and you glanced around the group. Across from you, Cardner shrugged and Ethan offered a sheepish smile. Next to you Lexi rubbed her arms, probably wishing she had brought a jacket with her that day, and on your other side Gidget sighed.

“Most of it is probably made up, but there actually were a lot of disappearances around here back in the 1900’s and an elderly couple was investigated after a boy reportedly visited their house before he disappeared. The house also burned to the ground. The rest, who can say for sure?”

“Personally, I think people took the lack of details and let their imagination run away with them,” Ethan remarked.

“But still, that plot gives me the creeps every time I walk by it,” Lexi grumbled.

“Are the ghost stories true though?” Cardner asked curiously.

Lexi simply shrugged. “I don't know and I don't stick around to find out.”

“Then that settles it! We go there and find out for ourselves,” the redhead suggested with a broad grin and a glint of something in his eyes.

“Are you crazy? I don't want to some creepy graveyard and stand around. Ghosts aren't even real!”

Cardner turned his gaze on you. “Well? You're not scared, are you, Coul?” While the new nickname threw you off, you still picked up the challenge in his words.

→ “Yes.”?
“No.”

Last edited:
Episode 03: Set the Mood​
“It definitely sets the mood,” you commented with a light smirk. Whatever nervousness the group displayed dissipated and Cardner appeared appreciative of the wit.

“That is does,” he agreed, though thoughtfully. “A perfect setting for a proposal if I say so myself.”

“Proposal?” Ethan parroted, eyes narrowed with suspicion.

“Yeah, how about we check out the old plot, pay our respects and such.”

“No!” Lexi immediately objected. “I have to walk by that plot everyday to get to the bus stop. I’m not going there on purpose.”

“I’ve personally never been that way before and I’m curious to see if the stories of ghost sightings are true,” Cardner explained. “Either you're in or you’re out. What about you, Teller?”

→ “Yes.” ?
“No.”

Last edited:
Episode 04: Ha Ha, You're Funny​
“No,” you reply. “I don't think ghost hunting is for me.”

Cardner shrugs. “Well, you're loss. How about you, Gidget?”

In the end, all of them, aside from you, agreed to go with Cardner to investigate the old plot. Even Lexi was convinced. Afterwards, the storm seemed to let up and you all go your separate ways. You didn't hear from them until more than a week later, and really, you weren't hearing from them, you were reading about them in the local news article; they had been missing since the night after Cardner convinced everyone to pull the “graveyard shift”. You dodged a bullet, you decided. Still, what had happened to them?

You pondered the news until late that night when you prepared for bed. You click off the light on your night table and pull up the covers. It was then did you realize how suddenly cold your room became. You shuddered and curled up under blanket, but that didn't help the feeling you were being watched. You squirmed as the darkness seemed to close in on you as a tangible force. Then the screaming started; one single cord revving up like that of a chainsaw, but several at once. The sound rose to an ear piercing screech and you writhed as you clamped your hands over her ears and your eyes flew open, searching the oppressing darkness.

What you saw made your blood freeze.

Four figures stood over you, skin dark and graying, jaws hanging open as if unhinged. Empty, black eye sockets stared back you bleeding crimson tears. It was the last thing you say before gnarled fingers reached for your eyes.

Ending: You Weren't Alone.

Last edited: