FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So close. Just need everyone to post in the room.

sorry I haven't posted got an exam tomorrow then a speech monday I'm still working on, I'll try getting a post in tuesday sorry for the long wait

I'll post soon. Maybe tonight!

BTW, don't read too much into Corben's theories. Jack hasn't told me his plot so I'm guessing just as much as the rest of you.

Uhh Pretty new to this site, I am really interested in this roleplay though. Is there still room for people to join up? (Ps hope I am not posting this in the wrong spot... v.v)

Sweet, So where would I go to present the character sheet. I seen a bunch of them on the first page of this thread. So do I just reply underneath that on the first page? Or just do it anywhere on this thread? I didn't know if that mattered or not.

RAWR. Is the chapter almost over? I'd like to jump back in with Atlas soon.

The Chapter's in the juicy middle. Although Atlas has been mentioned repeatedly - at the top of the hole we went down. He's warding the fuck out of Malwin's house.

And Wolfsin, yes. Just post here and I can link your CS to the character list.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Arias Seigmund (The Shepherd)

Appearance: final_fantasy_xiv___male_hyur___hd_photo_by_lightsfall-d5rkxnl.jpg

Arias appears extremely Boyish, he has a Light blonde though dirty brown shade of short hair. A fair complexion and of course striking pale blue eyes. A strong chin and is fairly slim lean muscular for his age. Strong of course from working on farms and other odd and in jobs throughout the city. He appears kind but inteligent, and is devilishly handsome for being one of the youngest, if not THE youngest of the Fate Guard.

In his Armor Arias has silver plate armor that is fit nicely so that he can still move fairly well. It is efficient for the purpose of defense but is slightly heavy for him at time. This is why he is working hard to better himself to be able to fit the Armor he has been presented by joining the Fate Guard. Leather underline, and the slightest clothe to accent and give his armor a Personal feel. He wears the Insignia of the Fate Guard proudly and eventually he will wear his armor the same. With training and hard work Arias will become a valuable asset to the Fate Guard.

Reputation:Of course it is a new proclamation having just joined the ranks of the Fate Guard, but Arias is an unparalleled mind for strategic advisory. Not the greatest with a weapon, but of course he is learning, and has yet to find a master in the art of combat. Over all though Arias has been recognized by the Inner circle of the Fate Guard for helping the people of the great city while the Fate Guard were busy on other fronts of battle. Arias often made the decision to wear a Hood and Masquerade mask as he directed the people in ways that helped them to surive with the fewest casualties possible, anyone that has taken his direction has never lost their life. Eventually it caught up to him and with the Fate Guard noticing the boy not among the people they deciphered that the boy was this masked figure and brought him in to help the cause in a more appropriate manner. From this point on he gained the Alias, The Shepherd.

Royal Blessing:
( I was wondering if it would be Okay to have this awarded by one of the other Fate Guard, Something that shows them excepting them into their ranks as a younger member. Let me know if this is acceptable or not)

Holy Blessing: Voice of the Shepherd~ The boy has a divine Angelic voice that shows with his innocence. The Voice of the Shepherd cuts through any form of Chaos and can be heard no matter what when the boy is serious in his will to protect those he cares for. This is of course hardly useful in solo combat so its draw back requires that Arias be int he presence of his companions so that he can use his divine voice to support them with strategic advisory.

Magic Blessing: Baelias~ It is a sword that is comfortable for both one handed, and two handed use. Upon Arias' mother finding out that he was joining the Fate Guard he was awarded the weapon of their family, Arias was of the bloodline heritage of one of the first Pilgrims of this city crafted this weapon a deep obsidian colored blade and a dingy silver hilt with little for a cross guard. It had an intricate silver design on its base where the blade first sprouted from the hilt. The sword had a single special Property to it that made it drain mana from the air when unsheathed. The Mana formed around the edge of the blade invisible to sight, and made it twice as sharp as it would of been normally. It made the weapon much more dangerous and destructive, which only helped Arias when he had to break a defense, making it much easier to cut through wood, and sometimes stone to some little extent. Of course Arias had a long way to go before he would have the strength to wield this weapon successfully.

Legend: Its only natural that the people would speak of the revealed boy fighting secretly along side of the Fate Guard. They would talk of the young hero child that helped them to their houses, and taught them to use barricades and even some levels of traps that kept them alive. The Fate Guard were well but it was only natural that at even the smallest increments of time the Fate Guard could not cover every corner of the city. The Shepherd, as they called him guided them to safety with a divine voice and strategy that resounded in the most chaotic battles. He was not a fighter by any means, and never once did they see him take up a weapon to help them, his voice, his tactics, those were his weapons; and to the people that had witnessed and lived it first hand, those were sharper and more useful than any blade the boy could have wielded.

Off-Duty: Of course prior to joining the Fate Guard, Arias was a child so in his free time under the bright sun of the day he took pride in games of strategy, in anything he could find to better their condition. Even now as a Fate Guard, some things he refuses to relent. He still goes and plays a single game of chess with an old man, he still wanders and woks on broken down shacks or whatever else he can find to do that will help the condition of the city. Though with his name more outrightly known now he focusses on wall defenses and helping to strengthen anything that might keep their mortality rate stable. He cares for the people, being one of them that has been protected by the Fate Guard, he looks up to them and is honored, though humbled that he was requested to join the ranks of the only thing standing between this city and absolute eternal darkness.

Cool concept.

However, being able to foresee 5 seconds of the future will cause a big headache for me. I need to be able to spring things on you guys without PMing you first and making sure you've reacted accordingly.

Also, the magic in this game has to be subtle - so that people doubt it's even there. Like in Game of Thrones and the like. Magic is only rumoured to exist. So shooting bolts of mana from your sword is a little too overt.

How about your holy "Shepherd" power be the ability to make yourself seen and heard in the midst of a crisis? For example, you have a voice that always cuts through any kind of chaos, and people's vision is naturally drawn to you even when they're panicked or full of adrenaline? This would link nicely to your "boyish" aura that you exude.

And for the sword, maybe it could be like my own character's. You only see the mana as a small burst or residue after the initial cut is made. Maybe it functions to drain the mana of other creatures.

Something like that...

I will definitely change the stuff you mentioned, thank you for the feed back. =)

Also great idea for the Voice of the Shepherd, I like that concept a lot. The sword I might play around with a bit but Ill be sure not to have it be extreme.

Yep, that looks good. Welcome aboard.

Now I need to find a reason why the surface team would let a new recruit go down the hole... AGAIN. -__-

IF it is easier for you I really do not mind waiting until the next chapter to join up. Perhaps (Just an Idea) While they are in the hole as I am assuming. This is the night where Arias finally shines enough to be recognized by some side attack happening that he fends off. Its just an option but if it helps and would make more sense i can come in the next night.

Yeah, it sucks that we've had so many people joining up during the Chapter where it's REALLY DIFFICULT to get to the main group.

Okay, I've talked to Jack and come up with a solution. What we'll do is get you over to the house. Our alchemist, Atlas, will be needing some more supplies to finish cleansing/warding the house. So he'll send a message by raven to the Chapterhouse where you're training. And Arias can be picked, almost at random, as a runner to fetch these supplies.

Then, you just bring them to the house, where the surface team is manning the ropes. And I'll post something happening to you that gets you down the hole.

Is that cool?

That definitely works for me do you want me to post now though like being at the training area or wait until you give me the cue?

If you can handle the whole post by yourself now, that'll be awesome.

Jack's moving the plot along tonight, so it'll be great if you're in place as soon as possible.

Great well Then I will just post something Npcing the trainer and recieving the message I can pretty much work it so that Ill be in position with the supplies by tonight. =)

I am just going to have to use general terms for now for the NPCs like "trainer, Lady, Vendor. Etc those things until I get more appropriated with the rp. Ill do that post soon then thanks.

Wait, your father was one of the first pilgrims?
You need a pair of spectacles, pappy? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.