FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gregory made a request of Corben, leader of FG, what sort of things will Corben do and won't do? How much sway is Gregory implicitly assumed to have? Because, if Spammy ends up coming with Tahan, I don't want to make using Gregory a habit a la deus ex machina.

Well the next forking point is heavily dependent on how Orion / Spammy post, so ..

Corben is assumed to be the alpha protector of the city - equivalent to the Hand of the King in Game of Thrones. But he will take orders from any of the three overlords, as he has sworn an oath to uphold their authority. So if Gregory asked something controversial of him, he would at least try to check it with the Bishop first.

*waves the Sword of Damocles*

Someone give me a third option... The clock is ticking. >:|

For those of you who don't get the reference, the Sword of Damocles was suspended above the throne of Dionysius II of Syracuse when he offered Damocles the opportunity to swap places with him so that Damocles might taste the fortunes of Dionysius. The catch was that it was only suspended by a single hair off a horse's tail.

I don't quite see the connection here ...

You're sitting under a throne with a sword dangling above you held by a horse hair. At any second it might snap making the sword fall, impaling you where you sit.

Its a metaphor. Instead of Damocles in the seat its Ferrick.

There's always the third option of shove Ferrick over the wall or out a gate and let him make his own fate outside the walls.

Imagine Ferrick singing this.

It all makes sense.

All I'm having right now are Flashbacks to a Tomb Raider puzzle.

You're sitting under a throne with a sword dangling above you held by a horse hair. At any second it might snap making the sword fall, impaling you where you sit.

Its a metaphor. Instead of Damocles in the seat its Ferrick.

Yeah .. but from your explanation and wiki, seems like more of a metaphor for the dangers of having too much power.

If Corben is Eddard Stark, does that make Arkavenn a nicer Gregor Clegane?

Yeah .. but from your explanation and wiki, seems like more of a metaphor for the dangers of having too much power.

Going to the wiki and taking the entire story into account is missing the point. Sword hanging by a single flimsy thread over Ferrick's head is the point.

If we're making references to The Songs of Fire and Ice, I'm assigning myself to the female version of a Jon Snow.

*takes everyone's wiki tabs away*

So anyway... about that werewolf...

One question- what's a Wiki tab? 0.o

I'll get to killing wabbits.

Teekay... it's a tab... with wikipedia pulled up?

Ahem. I am only posting this because Jack is making me do it. So.. Yeah.. -flees-

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Jelyssa Montague

Appearance:
commission__fanaa_by_zolaida-d3isxqc.jpg

Reputation: Skilled herbalist who maintains all plants for the FateGuard's poisons, remedies, potions, etc.

Royal Blessing: A small jeweled dagger with several genuine pearls in the hilt, along with a scattering of large sapphires that has been handed down in her family for several generations. Usually given to the firstborn male, Jelyssa is the first one to ever be chosen to keep the blade instead of her younger brother because he was cast out of the family.

Holy Blessing: On her left ear she wears an earring that is attached to a small ear cuff by dainty silver chains. An upside down cross decorated with a small ruby hangs from the chain, often giving others the idea that she is against the holy will. In truth, the symbol is from an ancient family crest of hers, and the jewelry is blessed to make unseen attackers visible if she is wearing it.

Magic Blessing: The pearl pins that she wears in her hair, set in white gold, can aid the health of any dying plant for a week straight if necessary. She has never informed anybody of this out of fear they would be stolen, so they remain simple hair pins outwardly, even to the rest of the FateGuard.

Legend: As her entire family has been wiped out, leaving her the only one alive carrying the family name, many rumors have sprung up regarding her heritage. The odd color of her eyes sparks debate that she is not fully human, regardless of how many times that she insists otherwise. Currently the largest rumor circulating about Jelyssa is that her quiet nature is due to the pain of unrequited love. Many townsfolk whisper about some sort of hidden romance, much to her shy dismay.

Off-Duty: Jelyssa owns a small herb shop that she runs completely by herself. She is known by her customers for being helpful, yet soft spoken and shy. Although she does enjoy meeting new people, it sometimes appears that she doesn't since she is better at listening than initiating a conversation. Her favorite subject is, of course, her work. She has no family and has never been married or known to be romantically involved outside of rumors and gossip, but she is not a loner and only spends time alone when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.