FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Harrell Balein

Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/images/i/2003/49/5/f/Man_of_the_Night__s_Watch.jpg

Reputation: Master-at-arms for the FateGuard and a member of the council.

Royal Blessing: Dawnbreaker- A gift from the king for Harrell's 51st birthday. Shines brightest at night.

Holy Blessing: Shield of Marden- A shield that will ward off the servants of evil, large and small.

Magic Blessing:
The runes of Sadentar- Imbued into Harrell's sword. The runes of Sadentar grant the weapon they are imbued into sap the strength from those it draws blood from. Also rumored to give the bearer unnatural long life or even immortality.

Legend: Rumor has it that Harrell got the runes of Sadentar from a witch long ago, and they gave him unnatural long life. The townsfolk believe he is 200 years old.

Off-Duty:
When Harrell is off duty, he either goes to the bar, or walks around the city, listening to gossip. Sometimes he will wander the main keep. Also when off duty, he teaches the more poorer children to read and write. The only family he has left is his 20 year old son, Daven, who sells vegetables in the market square. They hardly ever get to see each other because of their duties to the city.

ACCEPTED

Name: Castanamir Umboras

Appearance:
2z69ekp.jpg

attachment.php

Reputation: Messanger of the FateGuard. When a message needs to be sent to a particular member in a hurry, Castanamir's falcon can deliver it in a matter of minutes, no matter where they are in town.

Royal Blessing: Ket, the Falcon Prince. A gift from caretaker of the Royal Aviary, Ket is the greatest among the falcons in both loyalty and speed. Despite being quite fierce as well, Castanamir cares for Ket too much to let the raptor enter battle with him.

Holy Blessing: ​Axe of the Fell, handed down through the Umboras line. This hand axe never dulls, never rusts, and never breaks. As good at chopping up monsters as it is chopping logs.

Magic Blessing: Hoarfrost Blade. This blade is constantly coated in a thin layer of frost. Wounds caused by it frequently become frostbitten. Given to him by Corben upon joining the FateGuard. Often wields it in his off-hand alongside his axe, using it to parry more than to attack.

Legend: Several years ago, shortly before he was invited to join the ranks of the FateGuard, Castanamir slew a wolf demon, which he referred to as a blutbad, single handedly. How exactly he managed to defeat such a beast, and how he survived his wounds, is subject to wild speculation by the common folk. Theories range from him being a lycanthrope to beings from the sky. All that is known to the villagers is that when dawn broke, he was found lying outside his house, covered in blood, much of it his own, next the a beheaded corpse of a wolf demon.

What really happened us unknown to very few outside the FateGuard. That night, a wolf demon had managed to slip into the city. Most folk were safe in their homes at the time, but Castanamir had been out late making a delivery of a wooden statue to the Bishop. Just as he was about to enter his house, the beast attacked him, scoring a mighty wound across his back. Luckily, he had his family's axe with him, and held the beast off for a few minutes, before succumbing to his back wound, and others sustained. As he lay dying, the beast made to finish him, but Corben arrived in time to sever the beast's head. Castanamir managed to pull himself to his feet. He thanked Corben, assuring the FateGuard that he would be alright, and that the Marshall had more important matters to attend to. After finally managing to convince Corben he would be fine, the FateGuard left to attend to his other duties that night. Shortly after, Castanamir collapsed. He was found the next morning by a healer Corben had sent to check on the woodsman. The healer commented no man of average will or average constitution could survive the wounds sustained through the night, providing Corben yet another reason to invite the man into the FateGuard. After he fully recovered of course.

Off-Duty: The Umboras family have long been renowned as skilled woodsmen and carpenters. Thus it should come as no surprise to hear that Castanamir is in charge of the city's logging operations. When he is not recovering, and not directly overseeing the logging, he often carves wooden statues for various people and buildings. He spends his weekends training with Ket, and sometimes one of the other FateGuard, to help improve his swordsmanship, which is currently outclassed by his axe work. He lives alone in a house he built himself near to the lumberyard, while his parents, both retired, live on the opposite side of town. He is not married yet, though recently he has been feeling the time to do so is near.

ACCEPTED

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xv3C0WGuVEo" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Name: Riktor Heydrich, 23

Appearance:
img4150223bdda47.jpg

1319163487768.jpg

Although his armor is dark grey with shining brass detailing. he either weilds the Standard of the Fateguard and a longsword or a large two handed Axe

Royal Blessing: Standard of the Fateguard, the well kept fabric of the banner is sheilded for the most part against attack whilst it is born by one of the fateguard, and its prescence can bolster the Fighting spirit and Pride of the garrison in its darkest hours.

Holy Blessing: Long Sword and Battle Axe of the Heydrich's. - these relics are the sword and axe of Alesia and Dieter Heydrich respectively, and on occasion the souls of these warriors from the ancient past speak to Riktor, instilling pride and courage when he needs it most, so long as he has one of these weapons in his hand, he is indefatigable in his defense of the town.

Magic Blessing: Armor of Contempt - The Dark grey still and Bronze trimmed Armor worn by Riktor carries a small, enchantment that slows his fatigue and fans his hatred for the evil that surrounds them into a raging inferno

Legend: Legends speak of an Ancient Line of Necromancers and great warriors, who at one time or another fought and died to protect the people of the land from greater evils, and that Riktor bears the blood of that legacy, there are others who, behind his back, whisper that Riktor is a descendant of another line of evil necromancers, what is known is that Riktor weilds no Necromantic or magical power, and his weapons match the descriptions of those carried by Dieter and Alesia Heydrich.

Off-Duty: Riktor was trained as a blacksmith, though his duties consist mostly of tending to the maintenance and upkeep of the small fateguard chapel that adjoins the Church, although he is the first to admit that he is no priest.
He spends a considerable amount of time meditating during the days he is not working, with either his sword or Axe, and when he enters a tavern it is usually at the behest of others, purely because he often embrarrasses himself there.

he has no family to speak of, although he is rather smitten with one of the Barmaids, just unable to find the right words, despite his comrades continued Urgings to just "say anything!"

ACCEPTED

Yeaaaah .. I don't really know where he'll end up. I haven't thought that far ahead. Anything could happen. Maybe I'll have tahan die, just as he is starting to get all nice and humany.

It'll be a poignant lesson in the finiteness of everything.

.. So. What does Ark do now?

Okay, you heard it folks. Our tight-knit band of friends has the occassionally monosyllabic Frankenstein's monster thrust upon us by Holy Mandate.

*Slowly reaches for his IC paranoia dial, but decides to leave it alone.*

Also in the news, unresolved emotional conflict in the Vermillion household!

Incest is best,

Put your love to the test .. ?

... Chaos, please stop touching your sister...

It makes the rest of us sad. :(

It worries me that you guys immediately go there.

Even more so the fact that I knew you would.

Asmo is also guilty .. of an electra complex.

Well... this IS supposed to be going along the lines of Game of Thrones... Incest is par for the course....

Carry on Chaos... carry on.

Me and my daughter are just hammering together rhythmically. There's nothing untoward.

Er... Chaos.... you're supposed to be returning from the expedition, or still out there. You've dragged us all back in time.

*Screams and is hurled back through a time portal*

"This next test may involve trace amounts of time travel. So, word of advice: If you meet yourself on the testing track, don't make eye contact. Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time. Entirely. Forward and backward! So do both of yourselves a favor and just let that handsome devil go about his business."

Crap. I'll go fix it. Somehow I was under the impression the chapter was gonna be split into the expedition and the town.

The time space continuum has been repaired. We can all rest easy.

maybe Riktor could maintain the chapel where the Banner is kept? id edit it, but im having trouble with editing my replies, it seems to delete everything then make typing hard....

Status
Not open for further replies.