Can you remember the first song you learned? What about your characters?

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
I have a new deck of conversation cards, which... guess what... means tormenting Iwaku with random questions bent and altered for my own evil roleplaying purposes! 8D

Do you remember the first song you ever learned? Pick your favorite character. What do you think would be the first song THEY ever learned or stuck with them? Why did that particular song stay with them?

I think it was Frere Jacques. I do not know HOW. No one in my family is french or speaks french nor did I know about the English renditions for yeeeeeears, but I played it on my little toy piano.... Maybe there were lyrics in the book. I don't know.

If it wasn't that then it was Hungry Like A Wolf by Duran Duran.

Outside of nursery rhymes and stuff like that, I think it was this song:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nkd1fG-Dcpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do not know why, it was just something I really liked listening to as a wee lass. It was also one of the few good memories I have with my step-dad. I'm crying a little just thinking about it... We'd sing this song together. During those times, I wasn't afraid of him, or anything else for that matter.

*sigh* >>; As for characters... Hm... I'm going to pick Zoe, my character in the 1 x 1 RP I'm doing with October Knight since that's the only RP I'm doing anymore. Her first song would probably be this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JhY9GOhFwN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know it implies gay sex or something like that, but it's something she'd sing for funsies even as a little girl. xD She had a um...complicating childhood.

If you mean the first song I ever heard I have no idea. The first song I actually can remember most of the lyrics to is "Still Alive" from the Portal soundtrack, however.
My favorite character at the moment is the Courier, from Fallout New Vegas. Mostly because of all the crap he has to put up with and how lonely his life must get with all the constant traveling out in the wasteland. I'd imagine his favorite song would be Lonesome Road, by James Taylor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGPyawflUY
Perhaps he hums it to himself to keep his spirits up, or he keeps it in his mind all the time. I don't know, honestly.

Aside from simple nursery rhymes and children's songs, the first song that I learned was either "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" or "Open Arms", I believe. My mother had lots of fantastic tapes in her car, one of which was Poison. "Open Arms" was a song she sang as a lullaby to me, oddly enough.

My favorite character is probably still Adare. The first song that he learned would have been a lullaby from his mother, possibly something along the lines of the Ballyeamon Cradle Song. The first song that he likely learned for himself was likely something like "Born in the USA", learned from the kids at school and on the radio and something that he would find amusing.

I would have to say "Go tell John" by the primitive quartet? I think? Yeah... My parents were gospel nuts. The first song I learned independent of my parents was "Mexico" by James Taylor. Love that song.
As for characters, I'll pick my character Mercy from a dystopian America rp I'm doing. The first song she learned the lyrics to was "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan. She likes it because as an outcast, she can relate to the lyrics.

The first real song lyrics I learned... I have no idea, but it was probably one from an old Hungarian composer named Charlie, to whom my father listened very often. I remember being at an actual concert of his when I was little and singing along most of his songs. My parents tell me that I caught his attention and he sung towards me very much, but I do not remember that. I only remember being there, but it is like a still picture.

As for my characters? I have no idea, but seriously. There are so many of them anyways that it is impossible to keep track of things like that, not to mention that most of them come from universes which are different from this one.